This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] QQ call 3b

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Platinum
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): 320.65 BB
      UTG: 88.05 BB
      MP: 68.5 BB
      CO: 144.45 BB
      BTN: 101.5 BB
      SB: 162.35 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:club: Q:spade:

fold, MP raises to 2 BB, fold, fold, SB raises to 7 BB, Hero calls 6 BB, MP calls 5 BB

Flop: (21 BB, 3 players) Q:heart: 3:heart: 3:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets 10 BB, MP calls 10 BB, fold

Turn: (41 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP checks

River: (41 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero bets 303.65 BB, MP calls 51.5 BB

Hero shows Q:club: Q:spade: (Four of a Kind, Queens) (Pre 68%, Flop 99%, Turn 100%)
      MP shows J:heart: K:heart: (Flush, King High) (Pre 32%, Flop 1%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins 136.8 BB

MP 180 hands 38/21 fish
      SB 988 hands, 27/23 3bet 9

I am not sure if I should 4bet here? we are 155bb deep, and if he shoves, I cant call. He could also call KK because he is afraid thaht I have AA. Also there is not so much dead money. so I wanted to keep his range wide and play IP.

On flop when fish calls I put him on fd, or 3x, or some PP. On turn I hit too much, and he probably folds his fd if I bet, so I try to let him bluff paired board since fish usually does it. Is on river overbet ok? I was targeting his 3x, or flush, and maybe he doesnt beleive me and calls with PP.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mla,

Preflop: I don't mind just calling here and keep MP (fish) in. We will also have position on the PFR and with 2 guys behind we can expect him to be more honest postflop.

Postflop: As played your flop bet is fine and i don't mind checking the turn to induce a bet or payoff from villain.

River shove is perfectly fine. Well played.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Postflop play is fine. You can also consider getting called by middle pairs vs fishy MP because he beats AK.

Preflop, I like calling because MP can ship it in light with his stack so you get to builf a pot more. SB is not much of a concern. QQ is ahead of his range and given stack depth your 4bet can get called by worse.