[NL2-NL10] JJ in 3-bet pot

• sipox
      sipox
      Bronze
      Hi! Im posting this hand because i don´t really know what to do in the flop. Should i give up the hand and the aggression? It is a less than half pot donk bet, and i was the 3-better preflop. What would have been the best line to follow? Thanks!

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $1.97 (98.5 bb)
      BB: $2.02 (101 bb)
      MP: $2 (100 bb)
      CO: $2.36 (118 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $2.49 (124.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J J
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, 2 folds, CO calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.51) 2 3 K (2 players)
      CO bets $0.22, Hero calls $0.22

Turn: ($0.95) 3 (2 players)
      CO bets $1.90 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $0.95 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: 2 3 K 3
      CO mucked and won $0.91 ($0.45 net)
      Hero mucked J J and lost (-$0.46 net)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sipox,

Preflop:What do we know about villain? Are we 3-betting for value there? Are we 3-bet/shoving there?

Postflop: As played I think that calling flop is fine but again I'd like to know more about the villain. If he is unknown I'm most likely just calling there. If he is a tight guy we can just fold.
    • sipox
      sipox
      Bronze
      Wow you are faster replying than me refreshing the forum :D The villain was totally unknown, no info about him. The preflop move was a 3bet/fold, i thought it was a good spot since i was IP and we both were late so he could be just trying to steal the blinds from the CO so he would have to give up his hand many times.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by sipox
      Wow you are faster replying than me refreshing the forum :D The villain was totally unknown, no info about him. The preflop move was a 3bet/fold, i thought it was a good spot since i was IP and we both were late so he could be just trying to steal the blinds from the CO so he would have to give up his hand many times.
      But our hand is really good and plays well versus a wide CO range. Why are we trying to turn it into a bluff?

I rather call and keep his range wide than turn this into a bluff. There are many other hands with which we can bluff that have worse playability if we called.

I would only 3-bet here if we could do it for value (either against a 4-bet or his calling range).