This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 88 call 3b

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 100 BB
      UTG: 36.7 BB
      MP: 123.05 BB
      CO: 116.75 BB
      Hero (BTN): 110.85 BB
      SB: 123.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 8:diamond: 8:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, fold, BB raises to 6 BB, Hero calls 4 BB

Flop: (12.5 BB, 2 players) K:club: 2:heart: 4:spade:
      BB bets 8 BB, Hero calls 8 BB

Turn: (28.5 BB, 2 players) 6:spade:
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: (28.5 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
      BB bets 21.35 BB, Hero calls 21.35 BB

BB shows J:spade: Q:spade: (One Pair, Sixes) (Pre 49%, Flop 31%, Turn 34%)
      Hero shows 8:diamond: 8:heart: (Two Pair, Eights and Sixes) (Pre 51%, Flop 69%, Turn 66%)
      Hero wins 67.65 BB

22 hands 18/18

Is call flop ok? On turn, I am not sure if I should bet. It wouldnt be for value for sure, so I could only expect him to fold. On river call? What if he would bet turn? I would fold.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Mla,

Preflop: the call is fine given the raise sizes and position.

Postflop: His range should be really wide so I think that calling flop is perfectly fine.

On the turn, once he checks I would look to check it down and get to showdown. There's limited value in a bet versus draws that go for a ck/call but a lot of draws may go for the ck/raise (and we'd have to fold).

As played the river is close because he can also take this line with a lot of hands for value but at the same time I feel that he can have enough bluffs that are taking one more stab. If he were to bet closer to half pot I think I'd consider folding as that bet size would be closer to a value bet.