This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 10 fast - AK 4bet

• Tsukk
      Tsukk
      Bronze
      Opponent is 28/21/6(3bet)/50(cbet)/2(AF)
      Notes: he 3bets light(JJ,22,ATo), he calls 3bets light(QTs IP)

I choose to 4bet him because he is capable of 3betting light and I always find it difficult to play AK in 3bet pot without me being the 3bettor.

Would you play it differently, how?:)

Full Tilt - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 128.7 BB
      BB: 121.6 BB
      UTG: 40.9 BB
      Hero (MP): 101.5 BB
      CO: 223.4 BB
      BTN: 37 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:club: A:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, SB raises to 8.9 BB, fold, Hero raises to 21 BB, SB calls 12.1 BB

Flop: (43 BB, 2 players) 4:spade: 4:diamond: 7:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 27 BB, SB calls 27 BB

Turn: (97 BB, 2 players) 3:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: (97 BB, 2 players) T:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Tsukk,

Preflop: I agree with your 3-bet here especially with AKo (despite having position). I think that i would 3-bet to 23-24 BB at these limits since he may have a calling range.

Postflop: As played I think I'd check the flop back because I don't think we have enough FE and we were to bet I wouldn't make it bigger than 20 BB. Anything that folds can fold to 20 BB just as easy as to 27 BB.
    • Tsukk
      Tsukk
      Bronze
      Thanks for the answer

I have an additional question - so if we check back the flop, is our plan to check/fold every street unless we hit A or K and if we do then we bet it?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Tsukk
      Thanks for the answer

I have an additional question - so if we check back the flop, is our plan to check/fold every street unless we hit A or K and if we do then we bet it?
      Yes, that would be my plan.

His range for calling your 4-bet is on the stronger side. Normally pairs and AK/AQ type hands.