[NL2-NL10] NL 10 fast - 98s two pairs on flop

• Tsukk
      Tsukk
      Silver
      Opponent is 28/21/6(3bet)/50(cbet)/2(AF)
      Notes: he 3bets light(JJ,22,ATo), he calls 3bets light(QTs IP)

and also opponent in this hand is also him (he shows JJ)

What would you do on the flop? I thought his range is overpairs, maybe some combodraws and sets(1 comb of 88 + 1 comb of 99 + 3combs of 22)

Also with the experience from hand which I linked I knew he most probably overplays overpairs...

How would you play it?

Full Tilt - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 188.5 BB
      SB: 246.5 BB
      BB: 103.3 BB
      UTG: 53.1 BB
      MP: 163.1 BB
      CO: 74 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9:heart: 8:heart:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (9.5 BB, 3 players) 2:club: 8:club: 9:diamond:
      BB checks, MP bets 3.8 BB, Hero raises to 13 BB, fold, MP raises to 33.3 BB, Hero raises to 90 BB, MP raises to 146.7 BB, Hero raises to 185.5 BB and is all-in, MP calls 13.4 BB and is all-in

Turn: (329.7 BB, 2 players) Q:spade:

River: (329.7 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond:
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi tsukk

First, I don't think that we can assume he overplayed pairs just because he called a 4bet and cbet. Afterall he didn't shove hisoverpair there.

Second, we are 160+ deep here so theres a lot of money to play for. Without information on his bet size I would be worried about his small cbet followed by a 3bet as that's almost always a strong hand. So unless we have good reasons to expect pairs or draws to play like this idea just call the flop raise.
    • Tsukk
      Tsukk
      Silver
      4bet thing - I dont know but this limit is a micro one and usually ppl dont 4bet here anything but KK and AA yet he still called the cbet on flop - maybe my knowledge is bad about 4bet at micros?

Okay, so if we call his flop raise and then he proceeds to bet again on turn(and river) we just call him down? (unless board pairs without us having FH - and then we fold?)

could you explain the whole line you would take please?

Tsukk
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Tsukk
      4bet thing - I dont know but this limit is a micro one and usually ppl dont 4bet here anything but KK and AA yet he still called the cbet on flop - maybe my knowledge is bad about 4bet at micros?

Okay, so if we call his flop raise and then he proceeds to bet again on turn(and river) we just call him down? (unless board pairs without us having FH - and then we fold?)

could you explain the whole line you would take please?

Tsukk
      In the previous hand you were the one that 4-bet onto him so he just called. Why would we expect him to fold JJ (overpair) on that low flop? Noone would do that.

As far as this hand goes I'd call the flop and call down on blank turns based on what we have seen from him.
    • Tsukk
      Tsukk
      Silver
      Thanks again for answer.

Isnt the outcome the same when u plan to call him down anyway? Only that we fold out potentional pairing cards and if he happen to have draw/pair we are giving him the chance to outdraw us for price he sets.

Im sorry if im missing something here, but hows calling him down better?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Tsukk
      Thanks again for answer.

Isnt the outcome the same when u plan to call him down anyway? Only that we fold out potentional pairing cards and if he happen to have draw/pair we are giving him the chance to outdraw us for price he sets.

Im sorry if im missing something here, but hows calling him down better?
      What do you think it's more likely:

A) that villain 5-bet bluffs on the flop (or calls our 4-bet shove)
      or
      B) continues to bluff/semibluff on turn if we just call

?