SB ($4.16)
      BB ($3.52)
      UTG ($1.53)
      UTG+1 ($1.76)
      UTG+2 ($4)
      CO ($6.27)
      Hero ($5.72)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: A:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.08, fold, CO calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, fold, BB calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.34) T:spade: 5:club: K:diamond:

BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.04, CO calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, BB folds

TURN ($0.46) T:spade: 5:club: K:diamond: J:heart:

UTG+1 bets $0.08, CO raises to $0.28, Hero raises to $1.64, UTG+1 folds, CO calls $1.36

RIVER ($3.82) T:spade: 5:club: K:diamond: J:heart: 4:spade:

CO checks, Hero bets $3.16, CO calls $3.16

CO shows 5:diamond: 5:heart: (Pre 54%, Flop 86.3%, Turn 22.7%)Hero shows Q:heart: A:diamond: (Pre 46%, Flop 13.7%, Turn 77.3%)Hero wins $9.64

I call vs loose EP opener and a caller...dont think I will stand good if I 3bet here

I have a gutshot and an overcard and with the minbet that EP made here I see it as practically checking here and I want to see my chances on the turn this cheap

I get a nice turn card here and I do a raise aiming to get EPs stack in...CO seemed like he connected with the flop good too...he was kinda slow on making that call though so I was not sure he was also on a straight here

I thought about shoving it here...but since the board was so connected and I showed by my betting that I am strong here...I think he would just fold...

I bet something less than a pot and hope Ill get him to call...he took allot of time but he called...

Im not sure if there was a way to build the pot so I can comfortably shove here...I still am not sure should I have shoved pot size on the river anyway or was this good enough
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi lavek

Why can't we 3bet a minraise from a big fish for pure value? I think that just calling is really weak.

As played we could semibluff the flop given their bet size and once we hit you should set up your bets so we can play for stacks. As played I'd just shove the river rather than pot size (same ranges call)
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi lavek

Why can't we 3bet a minraise from a big fish for pure value? I think that just calling is really weak.
      I guess youre right...the CO is just probably calling with weak PP or connectors so if I 3bet I might get loose player to still continue but make him(CO) out of the way...if he was slowplaying strong hand he would probably raise my 3bet

am I looking this right?

thanks for help
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi lavek

I guess youre right...the CO is just probably calling with weak PP or connectors so if I 3bet I might get loose player to still continue but make him(CO) out of the way...if he was slowplaying strong hand he would probably raise my 3bet

am I looking this right?

thanks for help
      Yes, definitely.

You want to play IP with initiative versus the weak guy rather than play multiway in a small pot and give other opponents a cheap way to see a flop.