BB ($5.07)
      UTG ($5.45)
      UTG+1 ($4.04)
      Hero ($4)
      MP1 ($4.06)
      CO ($8.35)
      BTN ($2.17)

Dealt to Hero 8:heart: 8:diamond:

UTG calls $0.04, fold, Hero calls $0.04, fold, CO raises to $0.10, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.36) 4:spade: 8:club: 9:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.26, CO calls $0.26, UTG calls $0.26

TURN ($1.14) 4:spade: 8:club: 9:club: Q:club:

UTG bets $0.54, Hero folds, CO folds

UTG wins $1.09

I call here to try and see a cheap flop for hitting a set...since I have 2 loose players behind me(SB is also very loose and passive) that will probably call if I raise here...I decide to just call as it would be hard for me to play this hand postflop mway if I havent hit my set and this seemed like a cheaper option

I lead on the flop for value and protection, dont want to have MP check behind and they both get a free turn card on the board that is drawy like this

turn card is bad for me and all of the sudden EP wakes up with a bet...I think I am probably behind here so I just fold
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi LAvek,

Preflop: This one is close between a call and a raise because our pair is big enough to play it for value even with looser guys behind.

Postflop: As played just pot that flop or go for a ck/raise. No need to be only 2/3 pot.

We have at least 20% equity if behind and his bet could also be a block bet or "tester bet to see where he's at". So I think that the fold is a bit weak. I'd just call.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

We have at least 20% equity if behind and his bet could also be a block bet or "tester bet to see where he's at". So I think that the fold is a bit weak. I'd just call.
      What should be a good way to procced on the river?

Just call if he bets smaller again, fold if he bets 2/3 pot or more?

Bet for 1/2ish pot for value if he checks?

thanks
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

What should be a good way to procced on the river?

Just call if he bets smaller again, fold if he bets 2/3 pot or more?

Bet for 1/2ish pot for value if he checks?

thanks
      If he checks we can bet small for value (1/2).
      If he bets again it really depends on the size. A small bet we can call because it can still be 1p/2p but anything big we can fold to.