This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 88 on MP, hit set, flush board 3way

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      EP is 42/23 AF 2.8 over 65 hands
      CO is 42/22 AF 2.1 over 60 hands

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.18)
      BB ($5.07)
      UTG ($5.45)
      UTG+1 ($4.04)
      Hero ($4)
      MP1 ($4.06)
      CO ($8.35)
      BTN ($2.17)

Dealt to Hero 8:heart: 8:diamond:

UTG calls $0.04, fold, Hero calls $0.04, fold, CO raises to $0.10, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.36) 4:spade: 8:club: 9:club:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.26, CO calls $0.26, UTG calls $0.26

TURN ($1.14) 4:spade: 8:club: 9:club: Q:club:

UTG bets $0.54, Hero folds, CO folds

UTG wins $1.09

I call here to try and see a cheap flop for hitting a set...since I have 2 loose players behind me(SB is also very loose and passive) that will probably call if I raise here...I decide to just call as it would be hard for me to play this hand postflop mway if I havent hit my set and this seemed like a cheaper option

I lead on the flop for value and protection, dont want to have MP check behind and they both get a free turn card on the board that is drawy like this

turn card is bad for me and all of the sudden EP wakes up with a bet...I think I am probably behind here so I just fold
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi LAvek,

Preflop: This one is close between a call and a raise because our pair is big enough to play it for value even with looser guys behind.

Postflop: As played just pot that flop or go for a ck/raise. No need to be only 2/3 pot.

We have at least 20% equity if behind and his bet could also be a block bet or "tester bet to see where he's at". So I think that the fold is a bit weak. I'd just call.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

We have at least 20% equity if behind and his bet could also be a block bet or "tester bet to see where he's at". So I think that the fold is a bit weak. I'd just call.
      What should be a good way to procced on the river?

Just call if he bets smaller again, fold if he bets 2/3 pot or more?

Bet for 1/2ish pot for value if he checks?

thanks
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

What should be a good way to procced on the river?

Just call if he bets smaller again, fold if he bets 2/3 pot or more?

Bet for 1/2ish pot for value if he checks?

thanks
      If he checks we can bet small for value (1/2).
      If he bets again it really depends on the size. A small bet we can call because it can still be 1p/2p but anything big we can fold to.