[NL20-NL50] KQs triple barrel

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      total spew?

villain is a reg , pretty passive overall, 22/19, AF:1.3, cbet:47%, cbet turn:4/7, wtsd 21, otf i think he is giving up most of the time so i bet,
      turn/river: i think he has some kind of 88/99/TJ kind of hand, maybe sometimes even a small overpair like JJ and i can get him off this + i have some added equity ott

my sizings are bigger than standard, just to apply more pressure on a weak=ish range and kinda rep sets

iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $8.00
      UTG: $24.28
      MP: $20.00
      CO: $24.62
      Hero (BTN): $20.00
      SB: $23.83

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.30) Hero has K:diamond: Q:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.60, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.60, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.50, 2 players) 6:diamond: 5:heart: T:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.20, UTG calls $1.20

Turn: ($3.90, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $3.20, UTG calls $3.20

River: ($10.30, 2 players) 5:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $15.00, fold

Hero shows K:diamond: Q:diamond: (One Pair, Fives)
      Hero wins $9.79
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Usually when utg checks flop they are giving up so vet on flop is good.

With extra equity on the flush draw and 2 overs we can continue betting the turn as a semi bluff. What are you folding out here? Probably something like middle pair 88 and I think they would fold to a smaller bet. I would bet smaller without the flush draw but with the flush draw we can afford to inflate the pot for another bet on the river if an over card comes like JQKA.

However river brings a total blank. I think what called you on the turn is usually a top pair. Against that I wouldn't pull a bluff because most likely he isn't folding.

Of course if you are intending to fold out a top pair or better your over bet sizing is great but I think it wouldn't work so often, you need him to fold something like 66% of the time an top pair or overpair with your over bet and I don't think he folds that often.