This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH AJo vs reg i think

• mihninho
      mihninho
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $29.55
      BB: $17.76
      Hero (UTG): $27.07
      MP: $7.11
      CO: $25.00
      BTN: $45.63

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has J:diamond: A:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.75, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.75, fold, fold

Flop: ($1.85, 2 players) 9:club: 4:diamond: A:spade:
      Hero bets $1.17, BTN calls $1.17

Turn: ($4.19, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero bets $2.66, BTN calls $2.66

River: ($9.51, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      Hero bets $4.52, BTN calls $4.52

Hello this is a spot where i don't know if my river bet has a purpose.This player looks like that in 70 hands VPIP 22 PFR 16 3bet 4 fold to cbet 50 AF i only have on flop is 2, but again i don't have a lot of stats i'm OOP as you can see my betsizing is rather on the small size.Now looking at the hand i think that a check/fold si good on the river he looks like and honest player not aggresive.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey mihninho,

Preflop is fine.

Postflop - Your hand is probably not worth 3 streets of value on this board.

Betting the flop is fine, because likely you will bet this board with a wide range. If opponent has a low Ftcbet this can be a great spot to set a trap and check/call the turn.

As played, by the river, value is a little thin. Not sure what he is calling a third barrel with, I doubt A9/AT are even in his calling range. I agree check/fold river may be decent if opponent is passive.

Bet-flop/check-turn/bet-river may be a good line even if villain is not floating flop that wide. It might help him to pay you off with worse on the river since he is closing the action.