This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH JTs vs unk maybe fish

• mihninho
      mihninho
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $33.02
      BTN: $14.88
      Hero (SB): $25.00
      BB: $25.00
      UTG: $25.80
      MP: $24.95

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has T:spade: J:spade:

UTG raises to $0.75, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, fold

Flop: ($2.50, 3 players) J:heart: 8:heart: T:heart:
      Hero bets $1.78, fold, BTN calls $1.78

Turn: ($6.06, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero bets $4.00, BTN calls $4.00

River: ($14.06, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      Hero bets $9.00, BTN calls $8.35 and is all-in

Hero shows T:spade: J:spade: (Two Pair, Jacks and Tens) (Pre 46%, Flop 18%, Turn 9%)BTN shows A:heart: 4:heart: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 54%, Flop 82%, Turn 91%)BTN wins $29.23

Hello this is again a spot where my villain is unknown i only have 7 hands, i supposed he is a fish (because of his stack, and he limped twice before) that's why i played it like that.I donk on the flop as i always do vs a reg and a fish if i have a decent hand because the reg will be very honest and the fish will call me with a lot of crap ( not in this case though).I supposed he cand have FD Jx Tx maybe OESD with FD a lor of hands there again if he raises the turn i'm out.I don't think this is a bad play.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Mihninho,

Preflop call is ok multiway, especially with a fish in the middle.

Flop - I like your line of donking immediately for value vs any Jx or heart draws.

Turn - Continue betting for value.

River - Value bet might be ok. The problem is that a decent amount of villain's range is now busted and may not call. It may be a better option to check or underbet and at least give villain the option of shoving a busted draw. You might lose a little value form a jack this way, but hopefully you will maximise value vs his range.