[NL20-NL50] 25shz AKo MP

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $29.47 (117.9 bb)
      SB: $28.89 (115.6 bb)
      BB: $25 (100 bb)
      UTG: $31.10 (124.4 bb)
      Hero (MP): $135.59 (542.4 bb)
      CO: $45.36 (181.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K A
      UTG raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, 4 folds, UTG calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.85) 3 8 J (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4.85) K (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25

River: ($9.35) K (2 players)
      UTG bets $26.60 and is all-in, Hero calls $26.60

Results:
      $62.55 pot ($2.00 rake)
      Final Board: 3 8 J K K
      UTG showed 3 3 and won $60.55 ($29.45 net)
      Hero mucked K A and lost (-$31.10 net)

VPIP: 23, PFR: 19, 3B: 3, AF: 2,5, Hands: 93

Didn't find flop too suitable for a CBet.
      Obvious turn call.
      On the river I cried a lot. xD

My call was stupid, but the inconsistency between the size of his bets made me think of a bluff or lesser K, but somehow I didn't think of the possibility of obvious FHs.
      Meh.

Sometimes I do some mistakes that seem to be concentration related, but tbh I feel SO concentrated and focused when I'm on the tables :( and I take breaks, have a good schedule, nutrition, energy etc etc
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      I think flop is a good cb. Board is dry opponent could fold hands like QK 99 77 over card type hands and pocket pairs which could otherwise bluff you away on the turn. You also have 2 over cards to the best top pair. Dry board does not offer many draws to him which means he would fold more of his range here compared to say a 89T board.

Obviously call on turn, do you think he could call us if we pull in a raise here? Maybe with a gutshot or middle pair?

On the river he is almost never bluffing here, but I think he could value bet worse like KQ KT and possibly AA that doesn't know what to do. I'll probably think for a very long while and call. Folding is good too considering the 3x over bet on the river I think the worst he has there is a full house, and seldom you see KQ KJ
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      I think flop is a good cb. Board is dry opponent could fold hands like QK 99 77 over card type hands and pocket pairs which could otherwise bluff you away on the turn. You also have 2 over cards to the best top pair. Dry board does not offer many draws to him which means he would fold more of his range here compared to say a 89T board.

Obviously call on turn, do you think he could call us if we pull in a raise here? Maybe with a gutshot or middle pair?

On the river he is almost never bluffing here, but I think he could value bet worse like KQ KT and possibly AA that doesn't know what to do. I'll probably think for a very long while and call. Folding is good too considering the 3x over bet on the river I think the worst he has there is a full house, and seldom you see KQ KJ
      Yeah I thought a while too on river :(
      On the flop you say that it's not drawy, but is it really not?
      It's bichrome and J8 connects with a lot of stuff, also his Flop FtCBet is 0 (3) and WTSD 42.
      PF Ft3Bet is 20 (5) so I think his range can definitely include connectors and stuff that is happy to call the flop with.
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Since he folds to 3bet so little his range on the flop is weak and I'm more inclined to throw a cbet.

For the purposes of determining which flop is wet it could help to analyse a few flops

8 :spade: 9 :spade: T :spade: about the worst flop you can get connects with any 6 any 7 any 8 or 9 or T or Q and over cards may not give up.

2 :club: 9 :spade: T :spade: almost as wet as the first one but connects slightly lesser cards

The idea is that the more the cards are in the middle the wetter the board is. With relation to utg range wet would mean Broadway cards since his range would mostly be Broadway and usually Broadway means QKA. J does not fit so well in his range and the only few hands with a draw there is like 9Ts TQs which does not appear to fit well into his utg raising range.

You don't mind him calling his over cards too since you get value with A high and can take a showdown sometimes and be good against a hand like AJ QK