[NL20-NL50] 25shz QTs BB

    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.04.2010 Posts: 1,185
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

      BTN: $25.60 (102.4 bb)
      SB: $28.73 (114.9 bb)
      Hero (BB): $25 (100 bb)
      UTG: $70.89 (283.6 bb)
      MP: $29.85 (119.4 bb)
      CO: $54.92 (219.7 bb)

      Preflop: Hero is BB with T Q
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.50, SB folds, Hero calls $0.25

      Flop: ($1.10) A 9 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.83, Hero raises to $2.45, BTN calls $1.62

      Turn: ($6.00) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.40, BTN calls $3.40

      River: ($12.80) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $7, BTN calls $7

      Results:
      $26.80 pot ($1.47 rake)
      Final Board: A 9 7 6 7
      BTN showed 3 A and won $25.33 ($11.98 net)
      Hero showed T Q and lost (-$13.35 net)

      VPIP: 19, PFR: 16, 3B: 10, AF: 2,0, Hands: 616

      Given his min-raise PF and the CBet on a board where he'd have CBet 100% of the time, and me having some backdoors I decided to bluff.
      My image with raises is very tight and most of the time I have monsters, so it should very well work.

      Calls my flop bluff :(
      This tells me he has an A most of the time.

      I did believe he could let go of it as he has 22 WTSD.
      So I continued with my bluff given the turn scary card for him but he calls again.

      It's ok, it was in my plan to bet until river, so I do that, despite the 7 not changing much, but the point is that I can already have many better things.

      But not one single fuck was given that day by him and he just called all the way with A and shit kicker.

      sigh.


      Was my bluff proper?
      Was the target proper?
  • 7 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.11.2009 Posts: 4,335
      He seems to be a pretty tight opponent and I question whether your TQ call is too loose. He needs to be opening button sometjing like 60% + in order for your call to be profitable.

      I like your check raise on the flop since you have good equity with a backdoor flush and backdoor straight draw.

      You can represent the flush complete om the turn but how much would you bet if you actually had the flush? Probably close to pot size for max value so I would bet something like 5.5-5.8 on the turn and super big on the river and usually he folds everything worse than 2p
    • mihninho
      mihninho
      Bronze
      Joined: 16.04.2009 Posts: 648
      Hi what is his flop cbet?And what is his range from the button?How many check raises does he call?I think he has a lot of A there which he is not folding or even FD backdoor FD.I only raise here for backdoor FD and the turn card i don't think it's good for a bluff continuation.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.04.2010 Posts: 1,185
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      He seems to be a pretty tight opponent and I question whether your TQ call is too loose. He needs to be opening button sometjing like 60% + in order for your call to be profitable.

      I like your check raise on the flop since you have good equity with a backdoor flush and backdoor straight draw.

      You can represent the flush complete om the turn but how much would you bet if you actually had the flush? Probably close to pot size for max value so I would bet something like 5.5-5.8 on the turn and super big on the river and usually he folds everything worse than 2p
      BU Steal is 50(40), forgot to mention that.
      However his FtResteal is only 60(10), that's why I felt like calling. (usually I'd 3Bet here).
      Dunno why I forgot to mention all PF things when I posted hand sorry xD
      His Flop CBet is 82, while his turn CBet is 42.
      Probably then a float would have been better here?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.11.2009 Posts: 4,335
      Float with the intention of betting the river when he checks the turn? Not such a good idea, you can only win if he checks.

      Check raise is the best option I think you can take it down immediately, you can rep flush on later streets and also you could hit a pair which can sometimes be good if he had a draw himself.

      Otherwise you can also fold but then what's the point of calling in the first place?
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.04.2010 Posts: 1,185
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      Float with the intention of betting the river when he checks the turn? Not such a good idea, you can only win if he checks.

      Check raise is the best option I think you can take it down immediately, you can rep flush on later streets and also you could hit a pair which can sometimes be good if he had a draw himself.

      Otherwise you can also fold but then what's the point of calling in the first place?
      Nvm the float, I completely forgot I was OOP.

      Anyway after the additional info I provided, what do you think of the PF?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.11.2009 Posts: 4,335
      What is his fold to cbet on the flop?

      With his wide steal and high cb I think that calling with the plan of check raising the flop is more profitable than 3betting pre flop immediately. However if he has a high fold to cb on flop then I prefer 3betting and then taking the pot away with a cb on flop since he's almost always folding and I put money into the pot with initiative
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.04.2010 Posts: 1,185
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      What is his fold to cbet on the flop?

      With his wide steal and high cb I think that calling with the plan of check raising the flop is more profitable than 3betting pre flop immediately. However if he has a high fold to cb on flop then I prefer 3betting and then taking the pot away with a cb on flop since he's almost always folding and I put money into the pot with initiative
      Flop FtCBet is 61 (18)