[NL20-NL50] 25shz AKo BU

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $35.68 (142.7 bb)
      SB: $16.57 (66.3 bb)
      BB: $29.51 (118 bb)
      UTG: $26.75 (107 bb)
      MP: $36.22 (144.9 bb)
      CO: $36.21 (144.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K A
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, SB folds, BB raises to $2.50, CO folds, Hero raises to $6.25, BB folds

Results:
      $5.85 pot
      Hero mucked K A and won $5.85 ($3.35 net)

CO: VPIP: 20, PFR: 15, 3B: 6, AF: 1,5, Hands: 316
      BB: VPIP: 15, PFR: 14, 3B: 8, AF: 3,8, Hands: 1256

CO has 31 steal from CO and BB likes to squeeze especially against me.
      CO also has a very high (80+) Ft3Bet and FtResteal, so I don't like raising him with AK as I'm weak vs his 4Bet range.

So I see this as an opportunity to anti-squeeze.

The squeeze happens as I thought and I 4Bet, happily taking all the dead money.

Was it ok?
      Also, if he 5Bets here, am I in a broke spot? (I think so, even if a bit marginal)
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey AtrociousNightmare,

Flatting vs CO if a great option if he has a high Ft3bet.

After CO folds you have both the option to 4bet or fold. Against a 5bet you have to go broke. So if villain is only 5betting KK/AA you are turning AK into a bluff (unless villain has a flat-4bet range). If villain is shoving a little wider you can comfortably call it off vs a 5bet and collect some dead money in the process.

Your other option is to flat, and it may even be the best option if villain does not 5bet that wide. Also a good option if villain is polarised and weighted towards bluffs. Usually when you don't hit you can float 100% of flops and bet the turn when checked to (although it depends on villains exactly postflop stats).
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey AtrociousNightmare,

Flatting vs CO if a great option if he has a high Ft3bet.

After CO folds you have both the option to 4bet or fold. Against a 5bet you have to go broke. So if villain is only 5betting KK/AA you are turning AK into a bluff (unless villain has a flat-4bet range). If villain is shoving a little wider you can comfortably call it off vs a 5bet and collect some dead money in the process.

Your other option is to flat, and it may even be the best option if villain does not 5bet that wide. Also a good option if villain is polarised and weighted towards bluffs. Usually when you don't hit you can float 100% of flops and bet the turn when checked to (although it depends on villains exactly postflop stats).
      Against 82 Flop CBet and 50 Turn CBet do you think it'd have been better to Flat and Float?

I think he does 5Bet KK/AA only.
      But honestly not sure.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare

Against 82 Flop CBet and 50 Turn CBet do you think it'd have been better to Flat and Float?
      Looks like it might have been the most profitable option. We need those stats to be in 3bet pots though ideally. Often you will find players whose cbet in 3bet pots is >90% despite 3betting wide.

Some of the time you will hit an A/K on the flop or turn too of course.

Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      I think he does 5Bet KK/AA only.
      But honestly not sure.
      Yeah, if we assume it was the case hopefully you can see why 4betting could be a mistake if villain never flats and we have to fold to 5bet. The only difference between AK and 72o would be the card removal.

If you are unsure vs unknown, I'd tend towards flatting at these stakes. At 200nl+ tend towards 4bet/calling.