NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.39)
      BB ($22.09)
      UTG ($20)
      UTG+1 ($9.65)
      Hero ($20.50)
      BTN ($42.88)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: J:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.90) Q:heart: 2:club: 9:heart:

UTG+1 bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, UTG+1 calls $0.80

TURN ($4.30) Q:heart: 2:club: 9:heart: Q:diamond:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $2.20, UTG+1 calls $2.20

RIVER ($8.70) Q:heart: 2:club: 9:heart: Q:diamond: 5:club:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

47/13, agg freq 50, 38h

He is having wide range, so with my equity I decide to raise.

I think betting turn is bad because once he called, he has picked soething and Q changes nothing, he will not believe I have Q and will call very light with draws and 9x.

My sweat session partner disagred and said to bet to rep the Q if I remember correctly. The thing was I took long timing so because we were dicussing, he said I had to bet quickly if I want to rep Q.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: This board is actually rather connected and our equity is not the greatest. I think that if we raise we should make it slightly bigger since he does get decent odds (having to call only 4 BB) and we rather take down the pot now.

As played betting the turn is definitely bad. I think that we have close to 0 FE against his flop bet/calling range.

We play against a fish so trying to "rep" a Q doesn't make a difference if he has a hand that he likes. He has plenty of Qx in his range and other pairs that won't get scared on this card (along with draws).