This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl20 Sh KJ bluff turn?

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.39)
      BB ($22.09)
      UTG ($20)
      UTG+1 ($9.65)
      Hero ($20.50)
      BTN ($42.88)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: J:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20, Hero raises to $0.80, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.90) Q:heart: 2:club: 9:heart:

UTG+1 bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, UTG+1 calls $0.80

TURN ($4.30) Q:heart: 2:club: 9:heart: Q:diamond:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $2.20, UTG+1 calls $2.20

RIVER ($8.70) Q:heart: 2:club: 9:heart: Q:diamond: 5:club:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

47/13, agg freq 50, 38h

He is having wide range, so with my equity I decide to raise.

I think betting turn is bad because once he called, he has picked soething and Q changes nothing, he will not believe I have Q and will call very light with draws and 9x.

My sweat session partner disagred and said to bet to rep the Q if I remember correctly. The thing was I took long timing so because we were dicussing, he said I had to bet quickly if I want to rep Q.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: This board is actually rather connected and our equity is not the greatest. I think that if we raise we should make it slightly bigger since he does get decent odds (having to call only 4 BB) and we rather take down the pot now.

As played betting the turn is definitely bad. I think that we have close to 0 FE against his flop bet/calling range.

We play against a fish so trying to "rep" a Q doesn't make a difference if he has a hand that he likes. He has plenty of Qx in his range and other pairs that won't get scared on this card (along with draws).