Dealt to Hero 8:club: 8:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.60, CO calls $0.60, fold, fold, BB calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.90) 4:club: 4:spade: 7:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $1.30, CO folds, BB calls $1.30

TURN ($4.50) 4:club: 4:spade: 7:diamond: T:diamond:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.40, BB folds

Hero shows 8:club: 8:heart:

Hero wins $4.28

having ton of notes on him, but did a quick look and did not found how loose is he calling turns.

MAybe I should filter his hands and see.

But maybe its enought to have stats.

He is calling wide on flop but this is 3way, so could be having stronger hand, like at least PP. If we assume he calls with 55-66 on flop, then he can be folding them on turn because my bet looks strong and his fold to cbet turn becomes stronger.

I am not puytting on many draws him on the turn. He should call with overcards probably to have a FD on turn. And I don't expect him to have 56s, but maybe you don't aggre?

BUt with 56s he has ton of equity.

If I check the turn and he bets river I am having tough decition. He is not agro on river so I should be folding.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Cbet multiway is fine here and your size is ok as well (could be a bit smaller on such a dry board). Since CO folded before the action got back to him I think that his calling range can still be wide and we can clearly see that he doesn't like folding at all.

Also, since he is passive on the river, we rarely have value in checking back and bluffcatching river so I would also double barrel there. 7x and even smaller pairs may still call along with draws.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I would also double barrel there. 7x and even smaller pairs may still call along with draws.

weaker than 7x pairs somehow I don't believe that are calling. Its 3way pot on flop, so he should understand that I am not haivng many bluffs. Also there I don't see too much 7x. Maybe A7s, nut those could be squezing I think. 78s? maybe. But thats it.

What exact draws he could be having on turn?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      I would also double barrel there. 7x and even smaller pairs may still call along with draws.

weaker than 7x pairs somehow I don't believe that are calling. Its 3way pot on flop, so he should understand that I am not haivng many bluffs. Also there I don't see too much 7x. Maybe A7s, nut those could be squezing I think. 78s? maybe. But thats it.

What exact draws he could be having on turn?
      56 and backdoors that he floated on the flop with. He clearly doesn't like folding and the other guy was out of the pot. Plus we have a dry flop that we would cbet as a bluff as well (or should be expected to cbet as a bluff).