BB: 112.6 BB
      UTG: 221.9 BB
      MP: 29.2 BB
      CO: 115.5 BB
      Hero (BTN): 106 BB
      SB: 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:club: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, fold, BB raises to 8 BB, Hero calls 6 BB

Flop: (16.5 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond: A:spade: 2:club:
      BB bets 10 BB, Hero calls 10 BB

Turn: (36.5 BB, 2 players) Q:heart:
      BB bets 25 BB, Hero calls 25 BB

River: (86.5 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets 63 BB, BB calls 63 BB

BB shows 9:club: A:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 28%, Flop 90%, Turn 0%)
      Hero shows Q:club: Q:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Queens) (Pre 72%, Flop 10%, Turn 100%)
      Hero wins 201.9 BB

540 hands, 25/22, 3bet 14 , from bb 21, vs BU 21, cbet flop 82, turn 71.
      fold to 4b+ 60%

I am not sure if calling preflop is ok? If I 4bet he has wide range, and in most cases should fold. Maybe he stacks JJ, TT I am not sure, since he folds 60% of time to 4bets.
      He also plays aggro postflop and spewy, so I decided to call IP. OOP I stack off.

Is it ok float flop? He should cbet it almost with each hand. what about turn, if I wouldnt improve? his turn cbet is also high. Is shove river ok?

Also what do you think about his line? I am often in situation 3bet with not medium kicker, and I think his bet on turn is wrong since there were no draws on flop. And especially river, I think it is check fold for him.
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      his wide 3betting range and 60% fold to 4bet is a good reason for you to call to play IP to take advantage of his high CB tendencies.

however 4betting immediately is also a good option to get value, 60% isnt terribly high given his 20% wide range in 3betting, hes playing 8% and thats good for QQ.

you can call stronger hands like KK and AA that dont get overcarded as often but still QQ is fine.

since we know he has a wide range and cbets almost everything on the flop and turn i think we can comfortable call both flop and turn to get value from his bluffs, even if we dont make the set on the turn.

the way he plays is to represent the A whether he has it or does it has it, its not wrong or right its just his tendencies. we should be more focused on why he does it and how we can exploit it instead of whether his move is correct or wrong under our thinking framework.

I think shoving river is fine. what do you think is calling a bet on the river? probably on the A, and what bet size is the A calling? probably an all-in.

well played.

regards
      CGF