Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BTN): $12.38
      SB: $14.83 18/9 - 213 hands, 3bet 4%(3of53) from blainds only
      BB: $20.33
      UTG: $19.01
      CO: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:spade: K:spade:

fold, CO raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, SB raises to $0.80, fold, CO calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.50, 3 players) 9:diamond: A:heart: J:spade:
      SB bets $1.19, fold, Hero calls $1.19

Turn: ($4.88, 2 players) J:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.50, SB calls $3.50

River: ($11.88, 2 players) T:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.50, SB calls $3.50

On preflop I guess I get good odds to call 3bet.
      I have cards that play well postflop, I have a position.

the flop is not the best considering villains range like AK,AQ, AJ,KQ, AA-TT
      My plan was call flop and potentially get free turn. Because my cards can continue very well on many turn cards like any spade, Ten.

As it turned out turn card paired the board that scared vollain and gave me a room for bluff. I made it as big as possible to make it believable that I am going for value with set or maybe fullhouse.

Bluff did not get him to fold Ax hands and river brought me nuts.
      This is the place I confused. I think that I was ahead and put him on AK hand.
      If I would shove the river, would that be the best possible line or being cautious and check back would be better in given circumstances?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I agree with calling if only we are cautious postflop and don't get into marginal spots.
      If it was offsuit I'd fold.

Definitely fold the flop here. Don't really think villain would bluff in this spot three-way, and I do expect him to continue with the aggression on the turn as well.

As played on the flop, I would check back the turn.
      Don't really want to bet here since I don't think we have enough fold equity in this spot at all.

On the river, considering we have around 2/3 pot bet left, I would just shove.

Best,
      Plamen