DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $10.08 - VPIP: 10, PFR: 5, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 20
      BB: $10.00 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 3,3, Hands: 126
      UTG: $10.95 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 18, 3B: 6, AF: 1,0, Hands: 44
      MP: $16.18 - VPIP: 32, PFR: 24, 3B: 8, AF: 1,6, Hands: 131
      CO: $17.88 - VPIP: 44, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,5, Hands: 269
      Hero (BTN): $10.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 111438

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with J :club: A :spade:
      UTG raises to $0.30, 1 fold, CO calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.70, 1 fold
      isolating fish

Flop: ($2.45) J :diamond: 2 :diamond: 9 :club: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.17, UTG calls $1.17

Turn: ($4.79) T :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks This is the worst card that could have come, I think checking back is better here.

River: ($4.79) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks (impossible to bet for value here)
  • 5 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      why did you 3bet UTG with AJ? AJ is probably behind his range and i think folding is a good option.

However if you have stats on UTG that he folds something like more than 70% to 3bets in the UTG position then i think 3betting is a find option to fold out UTG and possibly fold out or get heads up with CO fish.

as played I think ill bet bigger on the flop for value since board is middling and connected, 1.5-1.8 looks good.

on turn i might want to throw in a CB as well for value against hands that hit extra equity but at the same time i fear him check raising so i think checking back and catching bluffs on river is a good idea too.

on river everything completed or has 2p so definitely a check.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      why did you 3bet UTG with AJ? AJ is probably behind his range and i think folding is a good option.

However if you have stats on UTG that he folds something like more than 70% to 3bets in the UTG position then i think 3betting is a find option to fold out UTG and possibly fold out or get heads up with CO fish.

as played I think ill bet bigger on the flop for value since board is middling and connected, 1.5-1.8 looks good.

on turn i might want to throw in a CB as well for value against hands that hit extra equity but at the same time i fear him check raising so i think checking back and catching bluffs on river is a good idea too.

on river everything completed or has 2p so definitely a check.
      UTG could very well fold better hands, and good equity hands here.
      I mean, UTG range probably has all PPs, and some strong Ax hands. I have a blocker, which makes it less likely he has Ax, so I think it's an "easy" squeeze.
      I dont have sample about UTG Fto3betting, but generally squeeze gets a lot of credit by regs, and fishes call wide, that is why I choose this.
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      If you are trying to get a fold from utg you should squeeze bigger like 1.2. 1 dollar is too small and encourages him to call a wider range of hands.

I think the fish in the pot is the main reason you can 3bet for value, and is a good enough reason to risk being 4betted by utg. You are right that regs would pay more tightly against 3bets but usually their utg range is stronger and they fold less.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      If you are trying to get a fold from utg you should squeeze bigger like 1.2. 1 dollar is too small and encourages him to call a wider range of hands.

I think the fish in the pot is the main reason you can 3bet for value, and is a good enough reason to risk being 4betted by utg. You are right that regs would pay more tightly against 3bets but usually their utg range is stronger and they fold less.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1