This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Zoom vs regular Multi

• Spikelema
      Spikelema
      Bronze
      I have one question about Zoom poker.

What would the rough equivilent of Zoom to regular tables as far as hand speed/difficulty.

So would 2 table Zoom be the same as playing 4 table regular? 5/6/7?
  • 6 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      It highly depends on how fast your playing on zoom tables. 1 zoom table can get you as many hand as 2-7 regular tables depending on how tight your playing and how fast your fast folding and weather your playing 6 max or FR (6 max gets almost twice as many hands on regular tables and you fast fold less so a 6max zoom table get less hand/h then a FR one)

Lots of factors to consider, to know it for sure just try playing both for an hour and see how it goes.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Yes, there is a lot of different factors as MatejM47 pointed out :)
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      It highly depends on how fast your playing on zoom tables. 1 zoom table can get you as many hand as 2-7 regular tables depending on how tight your playing and how fast your fast folding and weather your playing 6 max or FR (6 max gets almost twice as many hands on regular tables and you fast fold less so a 6max zoom table get less hand/h then a FR one)

Lots of factors to consider, to know it for sure just try playing both for an hour and see how it goes.
      +1

Depends on your playing style.

Also I feel that dividing your attention bettween 2 zoom table doesnt give you the same hands per hour as 4 zoom tables imo.

I would say that very very general estimation would be 1zoom =3 to 4 normal tables.

I can get 1000 hands in an hour playing 4 zoom tables with a TAG style of play.

Cheers
    • ChangNoi77
      ChangNoi77
      Bronze
      I also get 1000 hands/hr playing FR Zoom, and expect around 250/hr playing 4 tables of normal ring games.

I much prefer Zoom though as my strengths are solid fundamentals and I don't tilt, which is important in Zoom as the downswings gather speed like you wouldn't believe after normal ring.
      If you're more of a read based player and take good notes you'll probably be better off playing normal ring.
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      I can get about 250 hands per hour in zoom (single tabling) which is about same as 4 regular tables. I prefer zoom because i think ppl play tighter there and I am a lag player and it is easier to steal and get hu spot postflop etc. in zoom
    • MERIT900
      MERIT900
      Bronze
      a very valid point about being mentally strong when playing zoom poker the downswings can be massive and a bad beat can esculate into a 4 or 5 hand tilt and steam before you even realise you have done it. yes i am speaking from experience :( took me a while to get a handle on it but now when i suffer a badbeat i instantly sit out for a minute or two collect myself then get back in again with a level head ( well levelish :) ) Also on the differences between 6 max and FR i find that in FR players fast fold more often, where as 6 max the SB and BB will defend more with marginal hands so i go for TAG on 6 max and open the range on FR in order to steal, whether this is good strategy or not i dont know as i dont class myself as a good enough player yet to say for sure all i know is at this moment in time it works for me.
      Good luck for the future no matter what speed you play