Zoom vs regular Multi

• Spikelema
      Spikelema
      Bronze
      I have one question about Zoom poker.

What would the rough equivilent of Zoom to regular tables as far as hand speed/difficulty.

So would 2 table Zoom be the same as playing 4 table regular? 5/6/7?
  • 6 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      It highly depends on how fast your playing on zoom tables. 1 zoom table can get you as many hand as 2-7 regular tables depending on how tight your playing and how fast your fast folding and weather your playing 6 max or FR (6 max gets almost twice as many hands on regular tables and you fast fold less so a 6max zoom table get less hand/h then a FR one)

Lots of factors to consider, to know it for sure just try playing both for an hour and see how it goes.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Yes, there is a lot of different factors as MatejM47 pointed out :)
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      It highly depends on how fast your playing on zoom tables. 1 zoom table can get you as many hand as 2-7 regular tables depending on how tight your playing and how fast your fast folding and weather your playing 6 max or FR (6 max gets almost twice as many hands on regular tables and you fast fold less so a 6max zoom table get less hand/h then a FR one)

Lots of factors to consider, to know it for sure just try playing both for an hour and see how it goes.
      +1

Depends on your playing style.

Also I feel that dividing your attention bettween 2 zoom table doesnt give you the same hands per hour as 4 zoom tables imo.

I would say that very very general estimation would be 1zoom =3 to 4 normal tables.

I can get 1000 hands in an hour playing 4 zoom tables with a TAG style of play.

Cheers
    • ChangNoi77
      ChangNoi77
      Bronze
      I also get 1000 hands/hr playing FR Zoom, and expect around 250/hr playing 4 tables of normal ring games.

I much prefer Zoom though as my strengths are solid fundamentals and I don't tilt, which is important in Zoom as the downswings gather speed like you wouldn't believe after normal ring.
      If you're more of a read based player and take good notes you'll probably be better off playing normal ring.
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      I can get about 250 hands per hour in zoom (single tabling) which is about same as 4 regular tables. I prefer zoom because i think ppl play tighter there and I am a lag player and it is easier to steal and get hu spot postflop etc. in zoom
    • MERIT900
      MERIT900
      Bronze
      a very valid point about being mentally strong when playing zoom poker the downswings can be massive and a bad beat can esculate into a 4 or 5 hand tilt and steam before you even realise you have done it. yes i am speaking from experience :( took me a while to get a handle on it but now when i suffer a badbeat i instantly sit out for a minute or two collect myself then get back in again with a level head ( well levelish :) ) Also on the differences between 6 max and FR i find that in FR players fast fold more often, where as 6 max the SB and BB will defend more with marginal hands so i go for TAG on 6 max and open the range on FR in order to steal, whether this is good strategy or not i dont know as i dont class myself as a good enough player yet to say for sure all i know is at this moment in time it works for me.
      Good luck for the future no matter what speed you play