This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [Sh] Nl25 Kk

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Bronze
      UTG Unknown

Not sure how to approach this spot in general.

If I cbet, I'm not in a great spot OTT, he calls at least once with TT-QQ imo & I don't think I can barrel turn for value.

If I check flop & he check behind I can v bet turn & maybe get to SD.
      I sometimes check this flop with Ax with a :diamond: so I don't think my hand is too face up.

What do you think about having a c/c range here?

I think I'm leaning more toward cbetting in this particular hand, maybe if I had the K :diamond: I would be more inclined to c/c with a bit of backdoor equity.

SB: $55.89 (223.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $25.47 (101.9 bb)
      UTG: $41.75 (167 bb)
      MP: $19.19 (76.8 bb)
      CO: $6.20 (24.8 bb)
      BTN: $39.65 (158.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K K
      UTG raises to $0.75, 3 folds, SB calls $0.65, Hero raises to $3.10, UTG calls $2.35, SB folds

Flop: ($6.95) 7 6 A (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $3, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($12.95) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $5, Hero folds

Results:
      $12.95 pot ($0.64 rake)
      Final Board: 7 6 A 5
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-$6.10 net)
      UTG mucked and won $12.31 ($6.21 net)
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Both options are fine, but what's more important is how you play your ranges in these spots. Do you check AK/AQ/AX sometimes?

as played I don't mind betting once, without too much history I'm not too sure how to approach this spot. And I agree that having KdKx makes it easier to c/c Flop and Turn.

As played I think you are going to get a shove on the River a lot with your exact hand so I don't see any point in c/c Turn again.