[NL20-NL50] 25shz AA CO

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $92.80 (371.2 bb)
      SB: $35.49 (142 bb)
      BB: $45.63 (182.5 bb)
      UTG: $28.75 (115 bb)
      MP: $27.97 (111.9 bb)
      Hero (CO): $25.90 (103.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.70, Hero raises to $2.10, 3 folds, MP calls $1.40

Flop: ($4.55) K 9 J (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero bets $3.22, MP raises to $6.44, Hero raises to $23.80 and is all-in, MP calls $17.36

Turn: ($52.15) 2 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($52.15) T (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $52.15 pot ($2.00 rake)
      Final Board: K 9 J 2 T
      MP showed 9 9 and lost (-$25.90 net)
      Hero showed A A and won $50.15 ($24.25 net)

VPIP: 17, PFR: 12, 3B: 4, AF: 1,3, Hands: 903

Should I ever find a fold in this situation?
      I wasn't sure ofc, but I was aware that xe was probably on a set when xe raised me on flop.

At that point I wasn't sure on what to do, in the meaning that by raising all-in I do xyr game 'cos xe wants to go broke now, but at the same time if I call (I think a fold is excluded) then the pot on turn is pretty huge and well.... dunno.

What's your take on this situation?
      What could a player like this raise with on flop other than sets in your opinion?
  • 3 replies
    • batmanbatmanbatman
      batmanbatmanbatman
      Bronze
      To answer your question about folding you need to play with the equilator. Give him ranges like

A) set's only(99,JJ,KK)
      B) set's and good draws(99,JJ, Q :club: Q, T :club: T)
      C) set's and other good draws(AK, A Q:club:)
      D) design other ranges to see where is the turning point(at which point you have to just call the turn and fold the turn if he bets bigish.

I think with this hand even vs this nit you can safely get it in on the flop without making a huge mistake, given the equity from the nut flush draw + 2 A.

I also think that even if you think he is nittier then I think, you can never fold the flop or the turn(except maybe when if he is shoving the turn).
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by batmanbatmanbatman
      To answer your question about folding you need to play with the equilator. Give him ranges like

A) set's only(99,JJ,KK)
      B) set's and good draws(99,JJ, Q :club: Q, T :club: T)
      C) set's and other good draws(AK, A Q:club:)
      D) design other ranges to see where is the turning point(at which point you have to just call the turn and fold the turn if he bets bigish.

I think with this hand even vs this nit you can safely get it in on the flop without making a huge mistake, given the equity from the nut flush draw + 2 A.

I also think that even if you think he is nittier then I think, you can never fold the flop or the turn(except maybe when if he is shoving the turn).
      Even against JJ,99 only I'm at 35.40% on flop, yeah...
      So obviously never a fold on flop, and I knew it but I didn't specify it when I posted the hand (note to self: I shouldn't be on skype while posting hands), but the question is if I should Call or Raise All-in xyr min-raise. If I call I'll have a hard time on turn 'cos my equity goes down and I'm uncertain on where I stand (if I don't close obviously).
      If I raise all-in I do xyr game most of the time, as I believe xe has a set most of the time here.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey AN,

He can raise sets, 2pair, a couple of straight combos and very few flush combos.

Calling flop to reevaluate turn sucks. Whenever he is semibluffing he ships it in and you fold huge equity. Your range is strong enough here to stack off AcAx. Most his made flushes would have been nutflushes but you have the Ac meaning he will have 99, JJ, KJs as made hands and apart from that mostly hands behind you. He has close to no flushes because of positions and cards that are discounted: Ac, Kc, Jc, 9c. He has basically just QTcc imo.

If you bet to fold this hand you have to carefully think of how often you get called by worse in that case. AK and that's it? In that case, cbetting doesn't make much sense because you get little value and you get raised off your hand too often. Apart from that, you don't represent a flushdraw in his eyes when you check back the flop.