[NL20-NL50] 25shz AKo MP (2)

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $34.71 (138.8 bb)
      SB: $42.29 (169.2 bb)
      BB: $60.32 (241.3 bb)
      UTG: $15.55 (62.2 bb)
      Hero (MP): $42.92 (171.7 bb)
      CO: $20.34 (81.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K A
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.75, CO calls $0.75, BTN raises to $3.35, 2 folds, Hero calls $2.60, CO calls $2.60

Flop: ($10.40) Q Q 5 (3 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks, BTN bets $4.80, 2 folds

Results:
      $10.40 pot ($0.57 rake)
      Final Board: Q Q 5
      BTN mucked and won $9.83 ($6.48 net)
      Hero mucked K A and lost (-$3.35 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$3.35 net)

CO: VPIP: 33, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 3
      BU: VPIP: 26, PFR: 22, 3B: 22, AF: 7,0, Hands: 93

So here BU's 3Bet range is huge and that was a good squeeze pot for xem as well.
      I was about to raise when I saw xyr Ft3Bet being 100 (2), so I realized I'd transform my AKo in a bluff (maybe). [also the squeeze size was bigger than usual, and usually they do that with big hands]
      So I went for a call.
      Being in a 3way with nothing more than overcards tho I decided to quickly give up.
  • 3 replies
    • batmanbatmanbatman
      batmanbatmanbatman
      Bronze
      For me, calling with these stack sizes and facing the possibility of playing OOP HU or 3way is not really an option. His 3bet size could be easily justified by the fact that you are a bit deeper or by the fact that CO is a fish and it requires a bit more fold equity.

I think you can safely 4bet to about 7.5$ and get it in if he shoves. I also don't mind to shove it here, it is still +EV, but I think a smallish 4bet is a better option so that you give him the possibility to spew.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by batmanbatmanbatman
      For me, calling with these stack sizes and facing the possibility of playing OOP HU or 3way is not really an option. His 3bet size could be easily justified by the fact that you are a bit deeper or by the fact that CO is a fish and it requires a bit more fold equity.

I think you can safely 4bet to about 7.5$ and get it in if he shoves. I also don't mind to shove it here, it is still +EV, but I think a smallish 4bet is a better option so that you give him the possibility to spew.
      Yeah given that I knew 4Bet/fold is BAD with AK 6max but feeling I'd be in a tough spot against xyr shove range (considering for 139 blinds too) I reluctantly went for a call... 'cos from personal experience in these cases most of the time the shove range is KK+.

But it's hard because most of the time is KK+, but at the same time, any other combo added like QQ+ or AK gives me a coinflip therefore +EV.
      How can I know?

I hate these situations.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: This guy is so aggro and he probably wants to squeeze you a lot with the fish in the middle. I would be 4betting a ton with AJo KQo and some other blocker hands and he will pretty much be forced to adjust by 5betting light or flatting my 4bets.

Of course, my 4bet range % is 5-6% on average, and I would reckon yours is 2-2.5%. If you did 4bet as much as me you will have a very easy 4bet/broke here with AKo 130bb deep or even 150bb deep.

Agree with most of what batman said, I don't think calling here is a good option but then again I doubt you have the right dynamics to stack off here so I think you pretty much forced yourself into calling AKo here by not being more aggro preflop.