[NL20-NL50] 25shz A4s BB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $61.78 (247.1 bb)
      SB: $15.13 (60.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $30.18 (120.7 bb)
      UTG: $24.93 (99.7 bb)
      MP: $19.98 (79.9 bb)
      CO: $102.55 (410.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A 4
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.75, SB calls $0.65, Hero raises to $3, BTN folds, SB calls $2.25

Flop: ($6.75) 5 8 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB raises to $12.13 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $14.75 pot ($0.81 rake)
      Final Board: 5 8 8
      SB mucked and won $13.94 ($6.94 net)
      Hero mucked A 4 and lost (-$7 net)

VPIP: 34, PFR: 27, 3B: 0, AF: 6,5, Hands: 64

Is there anything wrong with this?
      Given xyr AF should I have XC to avoid being raised on a paired board (which is not unusual from aggro players)?
  • 4 replies
    • batmanbatmanbatman
      batmanbatmanbatman
      Bronze
      PF. In order to figure out if the squeeze is good you need to provide at least fold to 3bet&call to 3bet for the 2 players. In principle should be fine.

F. Continuation bet is a must. But it would be nice if you provide some fold to conti & raise conti. AF in itself says only that he does not call that much, but it does not say wether he prefers folding or raising as an action. AFr(aggression frequency) could be a better indicator on low samples as this one.

In principle he must fold some hand that have some equity, even though(depending on the opponent) he might not fold any hand vs which you are actually behind. The thing is that with all the dead money it will always be good if you bet/call here and you would always have a hard time playing turns & rivers when you don't hit.

I don't think you can possibly fold after you conti. You need to call 8.13$ for a pot of 30$ and for that would need only 25% equity and you have the nut flush draw. Give him a range in the equilator and do the math.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by batmanbatmanbatman
      PF. In order to figure out if the squeeze is good you need to provide at least fold to 3bet&call to 3bet for the 2 players. In principle should be fine.

F. Continuation bet is a must. But it would be nice if you provide some fold to conti & raise conti. AF in itself says only that he does not call that much, but it does not say wether he prefers folding or raising as an action. AFr(aggression frequency) could be a better indicator on low samples as this one.

In principle he must fold some hand that have some equity, even though(depending on the opponent) he might not fold any hand vs which you are actually behind. The thing is that with all the dead money it will always be good if you bet/call here and you would always have a hard time playing turns & rivers when you don't hit.

I don't think you can possibly fold after you conti. You need to call 8.13$ for a pot of 30$ and for that would need only 25% equity and you have the nut flush draw. Give him a range in the equilator and do the math.
      Right, completely forgot about PF.

BU:
      VPIP: 19, PFR: 14, 3B: 4, AF: 2,5, Hands: 335
      BU Steal: 48 (29)
      FtResteal: 75 (4)
      Ft3Bet: 60 (5)

SB:
      VPIP: 34, PFR: 27, 3B: 0, AF: 6,5, Hands: 64
      Ft3Bet: 33 (3)
      FtCBet: 20 (5)
      Yeah and xyr Flop Raise CB is even huge: 40.

I don't know why I folded at this point. /sigh
    • batmanbatmanbatman
      batmanbatmanbatman
      Bronze
      With this SB, I would not squeeze. I would just flat and play it postflop. Given that he is not giving up pre or post, I don't see much value in playing a big pot with a marginal hand HU with him. Plus, the button might be tempted to play a wider range IP with this player already in the hand.

Also, if I flat I know that the button is kept 'straight forward' by the aggression of this player which makes my postflop decisions easier.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

Preflop is debatable. I think you should be able to play it more profitable with a flat quite often because you close the action and will be against 2 weak ranges postflop. Plus, SB is shallow meaning you just decrease your advantage if you put in more money preflop since he makes more and bigger mistakes postflop. You want him to have money behind to make those mistakes. BU is also deep-ish with you which means he will call often so you end up OOP vs 2 players more than you want it imo.

As played though you have the perfect scenario: SB flats, BU folds, you flop NFD. It's definitely a stack off. With few folds vs cbets he can play worse draws like that, midpairs, 76 and so on. Yes, he has some value hands that crush you but against his range you definitely get the odds to stack off like Batman said.