[NL20-NL50] 25shz AJs SB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $38.92 (155.7 bb)
      Hero (SB): $40.63 (162.5 bb)
      BB: $48.55 (194.2 bb)
      UTG: $21.90 (87.6 bb)
      MP: $26.23 (104.9 bb)
      CO: $27.36 (109.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A J
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, BB calls $1, MP calls $1

Flop: ($3.75) 9 4 Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB calls $2, MP folds

Turn: ($7.75) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.39, BB calls $4.39

River: ($16.53) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.80, BB raises to $23.10, Hero folds

Results:
      $28.13 pot ($1.54 rake)
      Final Board: 9 4 Q A 5
      Hero mucked A J and lost (-$13.44 net)
      BB mucked and won $26.59 ($13.15 net)

VPIP: 24, PFR: 18, 3B: 8, AF: 2,9, Hands: 1590

I may be wrong but I think PF, F, T are ok, what about on the river tho?
      I was smelling something fishy since xe called twice, and on the flop we were even 3, so I decided to bet anyway river otherwise it'd have been too much of an easy bluff spot for xem with busted FD or SD, but not full price as I'd have been probably committed.
      Is that wrong?
  • 5 replies
    • batmanbatmanbatman
      batmanbatmanbatman
      Bronze
      Hi,

In this case it would be very usefull if you would post more specific postflop stats.

Without info, your river 1/3 makes no sense. My view over block bets is 'do it vs fish only'. If you do it vs a reg, you should expect that it could induce bluffs or thin value bets.

My line on the river here, if opp would have any sort of decent river aggression, would be c/c because I want him to bluff all those missed draws. If he had no aggression I would b/f around 60% in order to get call from weaker A :heart: x :heart: , Qx and maybe some paranoic TT-JJ(if he had that in his flatting range in the first place).

As played, I would be inclined to call the river if he has any sort of aggression. I think your opponent should be more inclined to raise flop with a strong hand or to raise turn if he hits 2p there because of all the draws. So his river value range pretty much consists of A :heart: 5 :heart: , A :heart: 4 :heart: and, maybe, 5 :heart: 4 :heart: . Sure, you can not completely discount sets, AQ and A9, but most of the time he would play those differently. Given how many draws missed and how weak your bet looks, I think you have to call it down.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by batmanbatmanbatman
      Hi,

In this case it would be very usefull if you would post more specific postflop stats.

Without info, your river 1/3 makes no sense. My view over block bets is 'do it vs fish only'. If you do it vs a reg, you should expect that it could induce bluffs or thin value bets.

My line on the river here, if opp would have any sort of decent river aggression, would be c/c because I want him to bluff all those missed draws. If he had no aggression I would b/f around 60% in order to get call from weaker A :heart: x :heart: , Qx and maybe some paranoic TT-JJ(if he had that in his flatting range in the first place).

As played, I would be inclined to call the river if he has any sort of aggression. I think your opponent should be more inclined to raise flop with a strong hand or to raise turn if he hits 2p there because of all the draws. So his river value range pretty much consists of A :heart: 5 :heart: , A :heart: 4 :heart: and, maybe, 5 :heart: 4 :heart: . Sure, you can not completely discount sets, AQ and A9, but most of the time he would play those differently. Given how many draws missed and how weak your bet looks, I think you have to call it down.
      Completely right.
      Don't even need to post postflop stats in detail, you already answered everything. Thx!
    • batmanbatmanbatman
      batmanbatmanbatman
      Bronze
      While it might sound right, I would still wait for the judge to give an opinion. I am just another NL25 player and I am trying to work on my game by commenting on others' people hands. I look forward to your comments when I will post my own hands too!.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by batmanbatmanbatman
      While it might sound right, I would still wait for the judge to give an opinion. I am just another NL25 player and I am trying to work on my game by commenting on others' people hands. I look forward to your comments when I will post my own hands too!.
      I don't know if I will, despite dedicating 3 hours of study to improve my game every day, I never have enough time to do what I want and I'm always behind in theory.
      If I add watching others hands I'm going to have no time at all for the rest of theory xD
      But thx for the insight <3
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

agree with everything batman said. Don't need to type out my own explanation :D

Thanks.