player names in videos.

• gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi,

In the hand evaluation forums, the suggestion is that a permission request is submitted before using a player's screen name (see: Hand Evaluation Boards -What you need to know - special rules in the hand evaluation forums, rule 9).

May I suggest using the same rule for video producers, since it seems rather invasive to me to have player's names used as I don't see it as a necessity; player 1 or player A would do just a swell surely and offer some respect to the villains of the piece?

Just a thought,

Mal.
  • 2 replies
    • Gentari
      Gentari
      Global
      I think the idea has some merit Mal, I have a couple of issues that spring to mind though,

1. MTTSNG/MTT when we move tables and then later having reads play an important role.
      2. Live play coaching sessions for formats other than STTs will not be much use without names for the same reasons as above. Not to mention the question of how to block them out.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Thanks for he reply Gentari, I agree that live play is a bit of a problem. Not being a video producer I wouldn't know how to overcome it either.

For hand history reviews, replaying sessions via hand replayer, that sort of thing, I can see no hindrance though, except a little forethought and preparation. Maybe I'm just naïve. :)

Mal.