[NL2-NL10] 88 Sb 10Nl Sh

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      How to play this? (Villain tight to standard reg)

Thanks a lot

:heart:

PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $11.26
      CO: $11.37
      BTN: $9.75
      Hero (SB): $10.00
      BB: $18.73
      UTG: $10.00

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 8:club: 8:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.00, 2 players) 8:heart: K:club: Q:heart:
  • 10 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Misclick,

Preflop: I would say that preflop, given 100 BB deep and being OOP we should just fold this.

As played, go for a check/raise on the flop to let villain cbet all his range.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Any info about his postflop tendencies will be welcome.

Against unknown I would fold after the 3bet.

On the flop I would check/raise.

Best,
      Plamen
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      xR to how much? If I check raise, is he shoving anything worse than my hand? I was thinking even draws might let it go with such a board? Or am I giving too much credit to villain?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by MisClick
      xR to how much? If I check raise, is he shoving anything worse than my hand? I was thinking even draws might let it go with such a board? Or am I giving too much credit to villain?
      So why are you calling preflop to hit a set if you are willing to let it go?

We also don't see villains bet size so I can't tell you how much to raise.

But his range can easily have AA and AK that can go broke and not just KK/QQ.

KK/QQ are 6 combinations, AA/AK are 6 and 12 (18 total) combinations).
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Plamen: over 45 hands, cbet 0/2, 3bet 1/14 (previous time on BB too v. CO open steal).

Haven't observed him playing any 3bet pots on flop.

WTS: 1/8, w$sd: 1/1. Fold to steal 6/8 (1 3bet, 1 cc).

On flop, called bet 2/3 times, bet on unclaimed pot 1/6, saw turn and river if they let him. Not much info really ?(
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

No, I am not saying to let it go (however not sure i cannot let it go, but my question was pointing in another direction). I was wondering how to play to extract value from hands that don't have me beat on that board. Because if I xr and chase all those hands due to scary board, is it really worth xraising? However, If i x/c, then his draws get to see a cheap turn and I am not sure how to play the turn... ?(

How much would the xr be?
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      For example, I was thinking, what about donking such a board? Do you think he might be happier raising my donk than calling a xr?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

No, I am not saying to let it go (however not sure i cannot let it go, but my question was pointing in another direction). I was wondering how to play to extract value from hands that don't have me beat on that board. Because if I xr and chase all those hands due to scary board, is it really worth xraising? However, If i x/c, then his draws get to see a cheap turn and I am not sure how to play the turn... ?(

How much would the xr be?

How much did he cbet? The bet size does not appear?

If he bet $1 I'd make it $2.5 or so. But generally I'd raise 2.2-3x here depending on his bet.

I doubt that any hand that he likes and would give us more money later on would fold to a checkraise.

That includes KQ/AK/AA and draws like JT and flush draws.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $11.26
      CO: $11.37
      BTN: $9.75
      Hero (SB): $10.00
      BB: $18.73
      UTG: $10.00

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 8:club: 8:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.00, 2 players) 8:heart: K:club: Q:heart:
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.20, Hero raises to $4.12, fold
      Hero wins $4.18

I had 4.90 left behind after that xr. Maybe $3.6 would have been better?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Misclick,

I think your raise is too large. As you mentioned we don't really need to worry about draws. We can make it closer to $3-$3.2 or so.

This would leave behind a comfortable turn shove.