This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 88 Sb 10Nl Sh

• MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      How to play this? (Villain tight to standard reg)

Thanks a lot

:heart:

PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $11.26
      CO: $11.37
      BTN: $9.75
      Hero (SB): $10.00
      BB: $18.73
      UTG: $10.00

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 8:club: 8:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.00, 2 players) 8:heart: K:club: Q:heart:
  • 10 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Misclick,

Preflop: I would say that preflop, given 100 BB deep and being OOP we should just fold this.

As played, go for a check/raise on the flop to let villain cbet all his range.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Any info about his postflop tendencies will be welcome.

Against unknown I would fold after the 3bet.

On the flop I would check/raise.

Best,
      Plamen
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      xR to how much? If I check raise, is he shoving anything worse than my hand? I was thinking even draws might let it go with such a board? Or am I giving too much credit to villain?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by MisClick
      xR to how much? If I check raise, is he shoving anything worse than my hand? I was thinking even draws might let it go with such a board? Or am I giving too much credit to villain?
      So why are you calling preflop to hit a set if you are willing to let it go?

We also don't see villains bet size so I can't tell you how much to raise.

But his range can easily have AA and AK that can go broke and not just KK/QQ.

KK/QQ are 6 combinations, AA/AK are 6 and 12 (18 total) combinations).
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Plamen: over 45 hands, cbet 0/2, 3bet 1/14 (previous time on BB too v. CO open steal).

Haven't observed him playing any 3bet pots on flop.

WTS: 1/8, w$sd: 1/1. Fold to steal 6/8 (1 3bet, 1 cc).

On flop, called bet 2/3 times, bet on unclaimed pot 1/6, saw turn and river if they let him. Not much info really ?(
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

No, I am not saying to let it go (however not sure i cannot let it go, but my question was pointing in another direction). I was wondering how to play to extract value from hands that don't have me beat on that board. Because if I xr and chase all those hands due to scary board, is it really worth xraising? However, If i x/c, then his draws get to see a cheap turn and I am not sure how to play the turn... ?(

How much would the xr be?
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      For example, I was thinking, what about donking such a board? Do you think he might be happier raising my donk than calling a xr?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

No, I am not saying to let it go (however not sure i cannot let it go, but my question was pointing in another direction). I was wondering how to play to extract value from hands that don't have me beat on that board. Because if I xr and chase all those hands due to scary board, is it really worth xraising? However, If i x/c, then his draws get to see a cheap turn and I am not sure how to play the turn... ?(

How much would the xr be?

How much did he cbet? The bet size does not appear?

If he bet $1 I'd make it $2.5 or so. But generally I'd raise 2.2-3x here depending on his bet.

I doubt that any hand that he likes and would give us more money later on would fold to a checkraise.

That includes KQ/AK/AA and draws like JT and flush draws.
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $11.26
      CO: $11.37
      BTN: $9.75
      Hero (SB): $10.00
      BB: $18.73
      UTG: $10.00

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 8:club: 8:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.00, 2 players) 8:heart: K:club: Q:heart:
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.20, Hero raises to $4.12, fold
      Hero wins $4.18

I had 4.90 left behind after that xr. Maybe $3.6 would have been better?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Misclick,

I think your raise is too large. As you mentioned we don't really need to worry about draws. We can make it closer to $3-$3.2 or so.

This would leave behind a comfortable turn shove.