[NL20-NL50] KOo Resteal, tricky board&opponent @ZOOM NL25 SH

• batmanbatmanbatman
      batmanbatmanbatman
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $22.12 (88.5 bb)
      SB: $20.02 (80.1 bb)
      Hero (BB): $33.42 (133.7 bb)
      UTG: $32.99 (132 bb)
      MP: $5.01 (20 bb)
      CO: $11.90 (47.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q K
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.57, SB folds, Hero raises to $2, BTN calls $1.43

Flop: ($4.10) A Q A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($8.10) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($8.10) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5.75, Hero calls $5.75

Results:
      $19.60 pot ($0.88 rake)
      Final Board: A Q A 7 4
      BTN showed 7 A and won $18.72 ($8.97 net)
      Hero mucked Q K and lost (-$9.75 net)

BU steals 43% from that positions and calls 75% vs resteal. So I think I have an easy 3bet for value. I am not making it bigger because I don't know how this would influence his calling habits.

On the flop, he has 36% fold to cbet & 29% raise cbet, so I don't really see any point in betting my showdown value. I expect him to try to take it down very wide, so I go for a c/c.

On the turn, I intend to c/f because his AFr on the turn is only 24%. I think he would barrel any trips and check back draws(gutshots, flushdraws) and showdown hand(pockets, Qx).

After he checks back, I could either bet/fold or c/c. I don't see how I can c/f, given that all draws missed. He has 31% aggression factor otr, and I am top of my range(although that does not matter that much vs fish).
      He also has 41$ WTSD, 45% W$SD.

Now questions are:
      1. If I'd be to bet, what should my reasoning be? And what would be the right bet size.
      2. If I'd be to c/c, should there be any actions which should convince me that he has the A or the FH? Like snap betting, or small bet size(<=1/2), or overpots?
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

Please give VPIP and PFR. These 2 stats are the most important in helping us guess his overall tendencies. Stuff like AF and flop cbet is fairly meaningless if we don't even know villain's overall preflop ranges and tendencies.

I'm assuming villain is a fish from whatever you wrote. Fishes do take the bet check bet line as a bluff fairly often. So I think when you check the Flop you should c/c the River.

1) If you want to bet, just halfpot the Flop. We are betting for value from worse QX hands, flush draws, and gutshots.

2) I'm folding to overbets, but I think vs normal-sized bets it could very easily be air still so I'm never folding. Fishes do not like risking huge sums of money to run huge bluffs (they are passive after all) so big bets = strong and weak bets = weak.

So question is which line is the best? My guess is that check/call Flop is best. Should we lead the River or check? I think both options are close. I probably don't mind checking again and hoping to induce bluffs again from busted flush draws and gutshots.

Like your line here. Nice hand.
    • w1z4rd
      w1z4rd
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since you are facing a fish my first thought is to lead the river, he will check back most of his showdown value, like 22-TT (remove his boats) and only bet Ax/Qx/JJ.

I prefer checking against a decent regular since he will try to stab the river more often.