Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has 6:diamond: 6:spade:

BTN raises to $1.50, fold, Hero raises to $5.00, BTN calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.25, 2 players) J:club: J:spade: 7:diamond:
      Hero bets $5.00, BTN calls $5.00

Turn: ($20.25, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($20.25, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      Hero bets $10.00, BTN calls $10.00

Yeah so i had some debate with some pokerplayers over this hand on the romanian forum.Ok so villain looks like that VPIP 24 PFR 19 fold to 3bet 76 fold flop cbet 50 AF flop 3 AF turn 3 AF river 1 WTSD 27 on 1500 hands raise flop cbet 16%.So i 3bet pf i don't think it's a good line but i'm looking at his fold too 3bet pf and i think can do that with 66 3way, he calls so now i think he has a tight range that could look like AQo+,88+,KQo+,i can put there some QJ and maybe even 9T.I bet on the flop in order to fold his overs,i check on the 4 because i can not represent much only QQ+,but on the river my AQ and KQ could hit.What do you think it's the beste line here?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

The preflop 3bet is not great but not bad either. 66-77 are usually high enough to call and play post but having them in your 3betting range should still be +EV. This would change from SB when you can get squeezed by BB quite often.

Now, after you get called preflop, I disagree with the range you gave him. He folds 75% total to 3bets, not from BU vs BB. That fold vs 3bet is also made from his opening range so if he opens 100% and folds 80% it means he still calls or 4bets with 20% range. That's something most forget and just go: he folds X%, I can 3bet. His flatting range there should be reasonably wide actually and will consist of good suited broadways, some offsuit broadways as well, medium pairs and suited connectors, some suited aces.

Postflop, folding his overs is not a reason to bet. How many overs does he have compared to other hands? I think your line here should be to cbet once and give up quite often against someoen like him. He folds to cbet reasonably often and it will show a profit. After you cbet, check turn and bet that card you represent KQ, AQ usually imo, maybe QQ+ that pot controlled a bit. If you think his overs folded on the flop (that's why you cbet, you consider his overs folding on flop and them being quite a few) he is left on the river with a range of hands like 88+ against all of which you have little folding equity so you should just check/fold river.