[NL20-NL50] KJs trips

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      BU is some nit weirdo 10/6 3b:11 over 50 hands... cbet:0/1
      SB is some unknown fish 38/0 over just 8 hands

dont love the PF call, but im getting like 4:1 or smthg

turn i flat and after BU flats i think he either has a FH or a J pretty much... maybe an underpair some amount of the time but i think he'd fold it ott maybe?

on the river i cant beat pretty much anyhitng and his flat ott and jam on the river looks so strong i think i can let this one go....?

this one was pretty funny cause it was like a 5th hand in last 800 hands in a similiar spot where i was forced to lay this kind of "monster" down ;(

iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $13.15
      UTG: $8.16
      Hero (MP): $29.17
      CO: $8.00
      BTN: $22.32
      SB: $8.28

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.30) Hero has K:club: J:club:

fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, BTN raises to $1.60, SB calls $1.50, fold, Hero calls $1.00

Flop: ($5.00, 3 players) 2:diamond: J:heart: J:spade:
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($5.00, 3 players) 5:heart:
      SB bets $6.68, Hero calls $6.68, BTN calls $6.68

River: ($25.04, 3 players) Q:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $14.04, fold

BTN shows J:diamond: A:heart: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 62%, Flop 97%, Turn 100%)
      SB shows T:diamond: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Jacks) (Pre 38%, Flop 3%, Turn 0%)
      BTN wins $23.79
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey zumpar,

I would probably fold this pre-flop. You will suffer from reverse implied odds vs the BTN, and the SB is shorstacked. Direct pot odds are not the only consideration in whether you call preflop.

I think flop check to 3better is decent. He could easily have QQ+ but the board is pretty safe for your hand, so let him cbet.

Flatting turn is decent, the board is still pretty dry and you likely have the best hand.

The river is awkward. QJ beats you, AJ beats you, QQ beats you. TT and below is not betting. AA/KK/AQ are possibly betting but not necessarily. Villain could easily have cbet AA/KK on the flop if he wasn't scared of the JJx. He's likely betting smaller on river with these hands or not at all. I think you made a good fold.