[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 KJo 25-02-13 (speed)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $6.22 (124.4 bb)
      UTG: $2.60 (52 bb)
      MP: $4.95 (99 bb)
      CO: $1 (20 bb)
      BTN: $0.93 (18.6 bb)
      SB: $2.38 (47.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J K
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.45, SB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.90) 4 A 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.45, Hero folds

Mistake to 3bet a midstack here?
      Can't really call, and it's to good to lay down IMO..

Flop:
      Well can't do much to this donkbet, guess I have to give up, he could be doing this with any Ax hand

Villain unknown
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Resilence,

Preflop: Why can't we call? We have position and his range is rather wide. And there's plenty of money left behind.

I think it's a mistake to assume someone with the stack of 47.6 BB as an automatic midstack. It's very possible that he is a recreational player.

As played fold the flop.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      If I call here preflop, I would have to give up the flop many times, unless I am prepared to x/r the flop as a bluff, which in some cases works, but against an unknown I can't really tell which is better...
      Yeah I have position, but still alot opens from SB with weak hands, and folds to a 3bet.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Resilence
      If I call here preflop, I would have to give up the flop many times, unless I am prepared to x/r the flop as a bluff, which in some cases works, but against an unknown I can't really tell which is better...
      Yeah I have position, but still alot opens from SB with weak hands, and folds to a 3bet.
      You are ahead of a SB range with your broadway hand. And since we have position we can float or bet when he checks (unfortunately we can't ck/raise :) ).

3-betting is definitely the easy way out and it's generally not a mistake.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Yeah I should practice float play, it's just easier to play with initative and isn't float play a bit dangerous against an unknown?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Resilence
      Yeah I should practice float play, it's just easier to play with initative and isn't float play a bit dangerous against an unknown?
      Random floats on ugly boards are dangerous. But most people at these limit are very straight forward and cbet once then give up. So floating isn't all that bad.