BB: 222.7 BB
      UTG: 103.15 BB
      Hero (MP): 102.5 BB
      CO: 100 BB
      BTN: 125.3 BB
      SB: 119.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:heart: Q:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, CO raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 6 BB

Flop: (19.5 BB, 2 players) 3:heart: 8:diamond: 8:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets 12 BB, Hero raises to 30 BB, fold

Hero shows A:heart: Q:heart: (One Pair, Eights)
      Hero wins 41.35 BB

600 hands 20/19 3bet from BU 13, vs CO 10. cbet flop 78%, turn cbet 2/2

I would usually 4bet/fold here because I dont like to play OOP, but now I want to start to learn it. If his range is so wide, I dont have to be afraid to call AQ OOP since I dominate his range so hard ?

Is it ok raise/broke on this board? If I call, he barrels probably turn, and then it is hard on river If I hit, and I might be better.
      What if there is no fd and same board. Should I give up when I dont hit, or call flop check turn.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      Hey mlatasrb,

Basically whatever equity edge you have over villains range will be effectively lowered as a result of playing out of position. If you have a large skill edge over opponent you can somewhat neutralize his positional advantage and comfortably flat the AQs OOP.

If villain is going to effectively have an equity edge due to utilising position well, AQs becomes the top of your folding range and a better hand to 4bet with.

Your line is fine. You probably have to go broke with a hand this strong after you check/raise.

Another alternative is to check/jam the turn if you are convinced villain will barrel light, as you trap more money this way.

If villain does check back the turn you can turn your Ace high into a bluff on some rivers as you represent showdown value pretty well by calling flop OOP.