[NL20-NL50] NL50zoom - KQ 4way

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi,

Villain is unknown, doesnt look fish after 5 hands..

I thought the turnbet was OK here, not too thin I hope?

On the river I was firstly thinking about bluffing him of splitts but I would pbb valuetown myself too much to make such a tricky move +ev. So I check andddd can he bluff here? :D .

He could have some valuehands but there also miss some draws so I'm not sure

He shoved pretty quickly, less than 5 secs and I think that's strong?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2119076
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $90.93
      SB: $29.34
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $64.12
      MP: $22.75
      Hero (CO): $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with Q :diamond: K :spade:
      1 fold, MP raises to $2, Hero calls $2, BTN calls $2, 1 fold, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($8.25) 6 :club: K :club: J :spade: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP checks, Hero bets $5.25, BTN calls $5.25, BB folds, MP folds

Turn: ($18.75) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.50, BTN calls $9.50

River: ($37.75) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $74.18 all in, Hero folds
  • 9 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey Farma,

I think preflop is way too loose to call there. 4bb raise, no guarantee to have position postflop.. not much can happen good for you imo. For me this is such a clear preflop 3bet or fold that I can't think of an actual +EV way to play the hand... Probably check/call flop since people bet about the same range they call here but you at least keep the pot smaller. 4way your hand is just super weak unfortunately and it's all because of preflop.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Yeah preflop is close but the guy appears to be a big fish over 10 hands so I think it's a clear call after all. If we hit I expect to stack him most of the time. His 4x sizing makes it close, that's true.

So what about turn/river as played? I think we need to bet turn cause the fish may check/Call lots of hands and we also need to protect here 4way
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      He raises MP, he doesn't have much money to play for, you don't have guaranteed position postflop, nor a HU pot. It's a very clear fold pre, not even close. It's not vs loose CO and you call BU with tight blinds. It's quite different.

As played, I think you can check river to bluffcatch.. what made hands don't raise flop or turn given the board? Only hand that could make sense in T9s but that's all... Apart from that I can't put any sets or 2pair in his range that just flat flop multiway and don't 3bet preflop either.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      He raises MP, he doesn't have much money to play for, you don't have guaranteed position postflop, nor a HU pot. It's a very clear fold pre, not even close. It's not vs loose CO and you call BU with tight blinds. It's quite different.

As played, I think you can check river to bluffcatch.. what made hands don't raise flop or turn given the board? Only hand that could make sense in T9s but that's all... Apart from that I can't put any sets or 2pair in his range that just flat flop multiway and don't 3bet preflop either.
      Thanks , river was a mistake yup :( Too bad..

And preflop we could call if we are BTN?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      If we are BU and blinds don't pose a problem, yes.. I think BU we can call wider being guaranteed position postflop if we consider our opponent's range is reasonably wide.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      If PFR is fishy, I think I would just 3b for value preflop, maybe if I was BU or had a fish in the blinds also calling might be better to have position on another fish.

I could be wrong vs 4x open, but thats my assumption.

As played, I think he can still rep busted FD's since we half pot turn, BU probably calls turn again IP with them.
      What do you guys think about turn sizing?

I think I would call river as played since he usually raises his valuehands earlier.
      Maaayybe he plays KJ that way if he is loose PF?
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Oops, got in a bit late & missed those replies :D
      Never mind :)
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Manu, I've been thinking about this hand today.. I think that it's still a call preflop :P .

The openraiser is going to get stacked a lot of we hit?! We can just play fit or fold.

And yeah 4way we have to be cautious but it's not like our hand plays superrrbad.. We almost always have the best kicker. Like this hand, it still plays decent, we get value. I just forgot to call river and win a big pot vs QT :D
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      The problem is we rarely get to play just vs MP given the positions. You rarely play vs him and you hit only sometimes when you play against him. Plus, you need oR to stack off quite light when you flop TP because he will have a few better hands than yours so you need him to ram and jam with KT type hands and lots of draws. :) How fishy is he? Fishy enough to stack off so light? It's up to you to decide ofc. Then there's the trouble with spots like you have here where you don't know the +EV play, we just estimate it would be to check/call since his range doesn't have enough value hands that play like that.