[NL20-NL50] NL50zoom - KTs ch/rai

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi

Villain is unknown fish. I thought my cbet would have little succes% so I decided to check and pbb check/raise allin cause he could stab wide otf.

Is this ok?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2119077
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $13.72
      SB: $59.07
      BB: $56.48
      Hero (UTG): $136.26
      MP: $132.22
      CO: $55.78

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with T :diamond: K :diamond:
      Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) 5 :spade: J :diamond: 6 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.50, Hero raises to $26
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Seems a bit spewy to me actually. Not very but I prefer cbetting and shoving good turns with slightly more equity and better risk/reward ratio. You should get enough FE here for betting $2 or close to it considering you win on several turns.

Your play might still be +EV... you are risking $10 to win what's in the pot so you need him to fold quite often. Given your equity, him folding about 65% of the time by my estimates but since you have some pot equity as well you prob need a fold like 45-50% of the time. You should get that quite often imo.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Okay thanks. The problem with a cbet might be that he has a good stack to shove? :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yeah, but what he shoves with would have probably called it off too and has you beat. The key is to capitalize on most dead money imo at a minimum risk at I think cbetting might be slightly better given the chance to see another card while check/shoving is a bit too much risk imo. That said, you sometimes see the next card free vs a check back. Very hard to actually estimate here, I don't mind the check/shove, it's a bit different and I think you should try new stuff and see how it fits with your game. At the end of the day, everyone plays differently so you need to start answering this type of question yourself based on what you know about your game. Takes time ofc but you'll get there imo. :)