BB: 100 BB
      UTG: 29.65 BB
      MP: 100.5 BB
      Hero (CO): 122.6 BB
      BTN: 163.6 BB
      SB: 104.3 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN raises to 10.5 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 23 BB, BTN calls 12.5 BB

Flop: (47.5 BB, 2 players) 5:club: J:heart: 4:spade:
      Hero bets 18 BB, BTN calls 18 BB

Turn: (83.5 BB, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 18 BB, Hero raises to 38 BB, BTN calls 20 BB

River: (159.5 BB, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero bets 43.6 BB, BTN calls 43.6 BB

Hero shows K:diamond: K:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 81%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      BTN shows T:spade: T:club: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 19%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 234.4 BB

466 hands, 13/9 3bet 6 from bu 3%

Is 4bet ok? Or maybe better call, not to isolate against AA?
      On turn I check to let AK spew, and if he checks back I shove river. His bet size looked to me as nuts JJ, or AA, so I was not sure if my line was ok.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop you can 4bet a bit bigger since you are slightly deep and he 3bet quite big as well. I'd go for 25bb usually here.

Postflop, why did you cbet so small? Being just 122bb pre, AK will get it in reasonably often in these positions. If you cbet and get a call, how often will he actually have AK? His likely holdings will be hands like 77+ and Jxs, not AK. It means bomb turn and shove good rivers. I would actually advocate a bigger flop bet and a turn shove. Nobody folds TP in a 4bet pot, it looks like you are trying to get max FE so you get midpairs to call sometimes too. You are basically targetting a bluff from a very smalll part of his range when you say AK:

1) he gets it in pre with that some of the time
      2) he folds it on the flop sometimes
      3) you have KK, there are 50% of total combos of AK left and he does the other 2 things like 50% too in total so he practically has 0 AK combos in his range there.

Furthermore, if you think he has AK in his range and bluffs it, raising the turn is pointless. Your read is that he bluffs turns, why ever raise against a bluff? Do you think he 3bets as a bluff when you raise small?
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hi,

Preflop you can 4bet a bit bigger since you are slightly deep and he 3bet quite big as well. I'd go for 25bb usually here.

Postflop, why did you cbet so small? Being just 122bb pre, AK will get it in reasonably often in these positions. If you cbet and get a call, how often will he actually have AK? His likely holdings will be hands like 77+ and Jxs, not AK. It means bomb turn and shove good rivers. I would actually advocate a bigger flop bet and a turn shove. Nobody folds TP in a 4bet pot, it looks like you are trying to get max FE so you get midpairs to call sometimes too. You are basically targetting a bluff from a very smalll part of his range when you say AK:

1) he gets it in pre with that some of the time
      2) he folds it on the flop sometimes
      3) you have KK, there are 50% of total combos of AK left and he does the other 2 things like 50% too in total so he practically has 0 AK combos in his range there.

Furthermore, if you think he has AK in his range and bluffs it, raising the turn is pointless. Your read is that he bluffs turns, why ever raise against a bluff? Do you think he 3bets as a bluff when you raise small?

I cbet so small, because it is 4bet pot, so it is enough to bet so small, and to finish all in combortable on river. This way, he cant fold weaker than KK, because odds are too good, and on later streets he might feel pot commited (as probably this guy did). Also I want to get the whole stack from AK, AQ, and similar hands with no showdown value, because they use my small size bet to spew. It works so often, even thougth that it is obvious that I have premiums. And mostly I get payed off by air type of hands when they start spewying.

On turn when he bets so small, I was sure he doesnt have AK, but value hand. I was afraid that he slowplays AA, or has JJ, but most likely I expected QQ, so I wanted to get it in.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yes, you can get stacks in easy but you have to weigh the benefits of him actually seeing more cards. In this case, you think he will spew with AQ and AK so it makes sense, just be careful not to have the same outcome and get less value. I often use this size when I want to construct a barreling range so it's mostly to give me good odds when bluffing.

Regarding the raise, I would just shove if you think he always stacks off with a hand and folds all air and you actually want to raise. The only thing that can happen if you don't shove is you let another card come and kill your action. That is if you think he is commited like you said. If he is not, ofc you can adjust and make a raise like you did.