[NL20-NL50] NL50zoom - 96s call flopraise?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi,

Is this just a fold with 96 and call with 9T?

Villain is unknown

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2119082
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $55.40
      SB: $52.30
      BB: $50.00
      UTG: $72.45
      MP: $47.94
      CO: $114.84

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with 9 :heart: 6 :heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1, SB calls $0.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.50) 7 :club: 9 :diamond: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.50, SB raises to $5, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($12.50) 5 :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $6, Hero calls $6

River: ($24.50) J :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

I like to check back this flop actually. After you cbet, there's an endless debate actually. You can call if you think he is wide and you can take it down later. You can 3bet and stack off if you think he is too spewy and puts in too much dead money. You can fold if you know he only has the nuts here or close to it because your hand is weak, even though it looks good with the OESD.

As played on the flop, given that turn, you have to shove. There are no good river cards for you, absolutely none. You basically hit your 3 outter imo where you can actually raise instead of just call. As played, shove river. He never has a value hand, you rep all flushes, he bets any flush imo. If you check you win some of the time. If you bet you win like 90% of the time.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hmmm interesting..

On the flop I agree it's a pretty good spot to check! :)

On the turn, why shove ?! He even has an easy fold with a set now? I don't think I can valueraise. Sometimes he has a better straight and I'm f*cked.

On the river as played , why not just take our sd value? We win vs every set/2pair and he is calling a T probably.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I think he'd bet Tx very often so I don't put many of those in his range.

Turn shove is basically to win the pot now.. You (I) would shove other straights as well and possible some flushdraws because he has a tough play with a set. I would basically rarely have a calling range on the turn. I either get it in on the flop or shove/fold turn. The problem is you don't put your opponent into a spot to make a mistake which is ultimately the goal: force mistakes from your opposition.

He can make the mistake of calling too light against your hand or your actual range. If I shove here, calling with 6x might be quite ambitious in his spot. Apart from that, once you just flat here, you have to consider your river range. Do you just call here to 'protect' your river flushdraws so you don't get bet off your hand too often? If so, you shove all rivers because your opponent's range is not a flush while yours is a flush or a straight. Your range beats his when you bet. When you check he wins some of the time, when you shove he has easy fold when draw completes so he never has a decision.