This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 5NL 6way - Set on a drawy board

• Hellrabbit
      Hellrabbit
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      6 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($1.90)
      UTG+1 ($3.80)
      CO ($5.71)
      BTN ($7.02)
      SB Hero ($5.08)
      BB ($4.99)

Pre-flop: ($0.06, 6 players) Hero is SB 5:spade: 5:heart:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, BB calls $0.12

Flop: 6:spade: 7:club: 5:diamond: ($0.32, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, BB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: 4:spade: ($1.32, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

River: 7:spade: ($2.12, 2 players)
      Hero bets $2, 1 fold

Final Pot: $4.12

Hero wins $4.02 ( won +$0.96 )
      BB lost -$1.06

Basically, that board scared the hell out of me: He was in the bb and could easily have been defending his blinds with SC. Didn't have any stats on him either. Should I have reraised on the flop? Probably should have made my cbet a bit bigger to defend against draws? Turn and river I decided to go to a showdown as cheap as possible and his turnbet was on the low side so that I could afford myself a call there? I probably overbet the river there, but I figured that if I had drawn out on him, a straight would pay me off anyways.
      I got pretty lost in that hand :/
  • 1 reply
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      a set is a very strong hand . always look to put al the money in with 100 bb stacks on any flop when you got a set .
      you should bet pot on this drawy board . dont call his small raise . reraise it because he can do this with a draw and you need protection to your set and of course you want as much money in as you can . then you can bet turn bet river for value . as played i like donking the turn because if he has the straight or flush he will shove . if he has a 2 pair kind of hand he will call otherwise he will check behind
      gl