BB: 33.2 BB
      UTG: 99.5 BB
      MP: 31.8 BB
      CO: 310.65 BB
      Hero (BTN): 252.5 BB
      SB: 302.1 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:spade: A:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, fold, CO calls 5 BB

Flop: (17.5 BB, 2 players) T:club: 5:diamond: 9:club:
      CO checks, Hero bets 10 BB, CO calls 10 BB

Turn: (37.5 BB, 2 players) 2:club:
      CO checks, Hero bets 22 BB, CO raises to 46 BB, Hero calls 24 BB

River: (129.5 BB, 2 players) 9:heart:
      CO bets 97.1 BB, Hero calls 97.1 BB

CO shows 8:club: 8:diamond: (Two Pair, Nines and Eights) (Pre 20%, Flop 17%, Turn 25%)
      Hero shows A:spade: A:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Nines) (Pre 80%, Flop 83%, Turn 75%)
      Hero wins 308.7 BB

623 hands 23/14, fold to 3bet 47, call cbet in 3bet 29%, raise 14, fold 57
      turn raise cbet 2/2

I should probably raise larger since we are deep, but I didnt mind because he is fish aggro, so I just wanted him to enter 3bet pot and play spewy.

On turn he might have set, but also the card is ideal for bluff raise and he uses our stack size. Because he already raised once on turn in 3bet pot, and this is 2/2 times, I call down, especially river makes less fh combos.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

I think he should not have almost any set combos on the turn, neither 2 pair. He would raise that on the flop imo. Depending how he constructs his range, he also will raise a flushdraw on the flop quite often meaning his repping a very narrow range. You said you know he is aggressive and this makes it a call. It's tough to do in game since his sizing is not small to give you great pot odds and looks overall like a value line but he forgot he plays his value hands differently on the other streets.

The only think I don't like that much is your small cbet size against someone you perceive as fishy. I would make it 2-3bb bigger at least.

Nh, sir!
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16

The only think I don't like that much is your small cbet size against someone you perceive as fishy. I would make it 2-3bb bigger at least.

Nh, sir!

The reason why I bet small against him on flop is that I want to induce bluff, since I see that he is spewing in 3bet pots. That was my preflop plan, thats why I 3bet only 8BB, because I wanted him just to enter 3bet pot. The drawback is that we are deep, so it is uncomfortable to call spew.

I think if I bet large bet bet, I will mostly get called on river by better hands. I dont think that he calls bet bet bet line with 88. IMO, aggro fish are spewy, but not stupid to call 3 bets with weak hand. Passive fish are different, against them I bet bet, and overbet if needed.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16

Nh, sir!

The reason why I bet small against him on flop is that I want to induce bluff, since I see that he is spewing in 3bet pots. That was my preflop plan, thats why I 3bet only 8BB, because I wanted him just to enter 3bet pot. The drawback is that we are deep, so it is uncomfortable to call spew.

I think if I bet large bet bet, I will mostly get called on river by better hands. I dont think that he calls bet bet bet line with 88. IMO, aggro fish are spewy, but not stupid to call 3 bets with weak hand. Passive fish are different, against them I bet bet, and overbet if needed.
      Solid! :f_thumbsup:

Your plan seems good to me. You have a certain read, you go by it and readjust if needed I always say. In this case your read was correct, keep owning! :s_cool: