MTT Late Game Leak

• frisbald
      frisbald
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I was playing MTT SnG´s for a while (about 20k over last two years) and I´m trying to play MTT these days. I got few nice results in last three months at pokerstars.fr (http://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/PokerStars.fr/players/Frisbaldik), but still feel sick about my late game. I´m not confident in this stage of MTT and I have big problem with self-control. When some opponent get me under pressure with few 3/4bets, I´m making big mistakes when I wanna fight him back.

I´m looking for some ideas to help me with this leak and/or somebody to help me improve this "mental" part of my game, as I´m not sure I can do it alone.

Thx for help :)
  • 4 replies
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      Let the ego and have to win everypot syndrum go and just do the most ev thing
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hi frisbald =)

I would recommend getting into a skype group with other tournament players. Most of the times someone will be available to talk to you when you are playing in late game. That helps alot since he can confirm your reasoning.

Alternatively you can get a professional coach.
      Personally I charge 5 to 9% (depending on buyin and current stage) of your tournament win. The less people there are still in and the higher the buyin is, the cheaper it gets. Other coaches charge similar rates. You may find further coaches in our private coaching corner:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1518

In most cases you don't have to pay if you don't win money. So it's a fair deal I guess.

After a few "guided" final tables you should feel comfortable enough to play them on your own again. But even then: having someone to talk to always helps, since you can confirm that you are doing it right.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • frisbald
      frisbald
      Bronze
      Thanks for replies guys :) Targetme, you´re right, ego is my big problem, I have started to study stuff about it and to solve the problem.
      Asaban, I´ve just send you Skype contant request :) I was searching for active skype group for MTT players as you advise and I have founded only this one: International Skype MTT Group 2.0 (I have sent contact request to M0na1isa/aurashafa as well). Are there any other active MTT groups at english PSGY?
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      The only other thread that might be worth a look is this one:
      Poker buddy/friend needed

Regards,
      Asaban