hu hyper moving down in limits

• tonyzer
      tonyzer
      Bronze
      I recently started playing hu hyper sngs. Moved from 1.50 s to 3.50 s was already seeing myself in the 7s but hit a huge downswing period every possible suckout happening losing each flip...

So i feel crushed that i have to grind my way up again ego is hurt confidence down... I have a couple of questions for anyone willing to contribute to this thread

Is the variance in this game realy so huuge? How many buy in downsings have you personaly had in hu hypers or other format and what is the biggest downswing you have heard about?

Any advice for.moving down in limits and how to cope with it ?

Poker has become one of the more important things in life for me because i see a challenge and i see a chance to prove to myself and to the world that this can become my only source of income, i just now am realizing how insanely hard it is and that you realy need much much more than poker skills to succeed you need immense willpower.
      But i will not give up i have set a goal for myself i will fight variance and the odds and i will Win i promise that to all of you and most importantly to myself!

Thx to all of pokerstrategy
  • 2 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Sometimes you just run shitty and it sucks. A lot. But there's nothing you can do about it except try to always make best decisions.

That's all the advice I can offer you. :f_biggrin:
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      For poker it's best to keep that ego in control. Follow your brm as you have planned. There is nothing wrong in moving to smaller limits or playing at lower limit if your normal limit is reg infested at time. It can be annoying to move down limits, but not following your brm for ego related stuff is just stupidity. Also having bigger edge in smaller games can give that nice boost for your confidence :)

I have not really played much HU games, but achievable ROI is relatively small in hyper games so swings can be bigger. Compared to normal or turbo speed. Biggest swings I have personally faced has been over 200 bins in 6/9 max stt games.