[NL2-NL10] NL2 QQ utg+1

• LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      hi,
      sry this mite be in wrong section, is there somwhere i can ask a general strategy question without having the hand.

Iv been playing and doing well with 100bb strategy, but having a go at MSS 40bb'strsategy as i think it will be quiker to move back up the limits, i been playing strictly by the charts you give in the MSS section srticles.

It says undr MSS-3-beting chart that AA KK and QQ in EP1,EP2 that you reraise with these hands and go All in if you are re raised.

I was wondering if im reading it correct, is QQ strong enuff against and UTG raiser (or EP1) to 3 bet and go all in if 4 bet, what if the UTG raiser is also playing MSS then surely there gonna have obv KK or AA or there range at least is gonna be a 50/50 kindov flip, im just wondering if this strategy is more to be played against 100bb players or does it matter if you are up against a 40bb player?

(edit) Also it says under the 3 bet chart to look at th eposition the raiser is in, but doesnt say anything else, so fro example it says JJ is a hand to re raise with on the cut of button and SB, and to go all in if re raised, but what if the raiser is a nit from from EP1, do u still 3 bet it and call a shove like the chart says?
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think ak and qq are usually strong enough to 3b because people stack off much lighter with 40bb effective stack sizes.

But if utg raiser is really tight, for exmaple he only openraises 8% or less of starting hands from utg then u should just flat qq and ak as opposed to 3betting.

In short, always look at how your hand fares vs ur opponent's opening range
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I agree with mbml.

Without reads we should just go broke here with QQ+, AK for 40bb effective stacks.
      If we gather some information though, we should start taking in under consideration so we can adjust our ranges to the specific opponent tendencies.
      If we have a very LAGgy villain, we can widen our 3bet range, and if villain is very tight, we should consider flatting QQ/AK as mbml pointed out.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Great advice here coaches :)

When I first started playing mss I found that I was sometimes getting it in bad with QQ and JJ type hands so I started following the gold article that gives villians ranges and which hands to 3bet/shove for value, this has worked pretty well overall. Obviously there are times when I only have a few hands on villian so I just get it in.

If you dont have access to that gold article LOKKK you could always try equilab and work out how far ahead you are from diffferent ranges, then you would feel more comfortable about getting your monies in good :)

I have never tried just flatting with QQ, AK against very tight players as I think unless you hit two pair or better you are no better off with an overpair or top pair, are we even getting the odds to flat these hands? if we start flatting with QQ, AK then would we not also start flatting with other pp's ?

Roo
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hey,

Sorry for the really late answer. I don't know how I didn't see this.

Anyways, we can't just flat any PP here. The idea here is, with flatting, is that our hand is good enough to call, since he has a lot of worse hands, and if we just flat the opponents usually exclude those hands from our range, so they could easily go for three streets of value with worse Ax or lower PP.