justkyle88 Blog - $20 to $1,000 GRoDT aka Rule No. 5 "Show no love, love will get u killed"

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hello fellow Pokerstrategy.com users.
      Let me introduce myself.
      My name is Kyle, I'm 20 and I live in Australia.

I make my living from running a few gigs around my local pubs and clubs as a Poker Tournament Director for Aussie Hold'em Poker.
      I love both my jobs but my dream of course would be to play poker professionally and to be able to sustain a high enough income to travel the world to Bodyboard.

I have been with Pokerstrategy for about 3 months now, I'd like to think I have learnt a lot but haven't really seen any progress in the bankroll department so i decided to make a blog to take advantage of every benefit that Pokerstrategy has to offer.
      I would like to thank everyone for all the help I have received in such a short amount of time and hope to be able to stay connected and become the best player I can be.

Well, down to business.
      I will copy some stats and a graph of my progress so far which i will post below and hopefully I can fill in my leaks with everyones help.

I'll try keep my graphs and stats updated after important sessions.

Thank you and I'm looking forward to everyones criticisms and praises.
  • 1937 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      You play to loose. VPIP and PFR are way to distant from eachother. How many tables do you play at a time? Which site?

2.5k hands in 3 months is not alot. I used to hit 5-6k a day when I played cash. Other people are hitting atleast 10k a day.

GL
      Stiev
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      you play too loose and if you play SSS you should really read the articles again because you're going to lose it all if you continue playing with that high VP$IP
      also 2,5k is not a sample size, at least 15k
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Only in the last month I have tried to start playing enough hands to try make a sample size for a blog, I have wanted to make a blog for some time now but I was worried I wouldnt be able to play enough hands.
      I ussually play anywhere from 2-10 table but to be more precise lately I have been on about 5-8 tables.

As soon rat-holding comes into play and i can't open up anymore GOOD tables with the minimum buy-in ($2.00), high hand rate per hour and high average pot thats when I stop playing.

So how many hands should I be trying to acheive in a DAY/WEEK?
      I will make it my goal to play a certain amount of hands without going over the top and going on tilt/playing badly/tired/not thinking in a day or week etc etc.

I'm on Mansion Poker, I really wish I was with fulltilt or stars because I love playing SnG's and MTT but Mansion doesn't have good ones, esspecially for my bankroll.
      I have tryed to get my account at stars and fulltilt tracked by sending them emails and such but no luck. :(

What be a suitable VPIP for a 5/10c SSS player like myself?

Thanks for taking an inteest and looking forward to hearing from everyone's point of view.
      Goodluck.
      I'm going to have to think of a signature, hahaha. :D
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      These stats are SSS :baby: I've never player SSS but i'm guessing a VPIP on 8ish % and PFR of 6ish %. Try and play atleast 10k hands a week imo. Which is bloody easy when multitabling. I wouldn't suggest you play any more than 4 atm tbh. Playing 4 tables for 10 hours a week will be roughly 2.5k hands.
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      playing SSS then Vpip=PFR and should be about 6 to 8
      VPIP=PFR!
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      So if you play SSS you dont limp any hands preflop? Dont be dumb!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I can handle playing up to 8 tables but anything over that it starts to get abit quick for me and I can't keep up.

I honestly thought I was playing extremly tight but I guess i'm not, haha.
      I am only limping with low-mid pocket pair's, suited aces, suited connectors, suited 1 gap connecters, un-suited connectors but I rarely limp with low 1 gap un-suited connecters.
      I will only limp with 1 gap connectors/suited connectors higher then say 8,10+.
    • TimothyVdp1
      TimothyVdp1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      So if you play SSS you dont limp any hands preflop? Dont be dumb!
      as a beginner you don't, because you get in serious post flop trouble without initiative

You can only limp PP/SC with enough limpers soyou get the right odds/implied odds
      youneed 4:1 PF with a PP, don't know exactly anymore what u need for the other hands but limping with offsuited connecters can only be done from the SB I recall, because you're never getting the odds...
      (search for Leo's chart if you want the real odds)
      edit: here's the chart:
      1:4 PP
      1:5 Axs
      1:6 Ax, 65s+ (SC)
      1:8 75s+(S1G), 87o+ (OC)
      1:10 85s+(S2G), 97o+(O1G)
      1:11 T7o+ (O2G)
      /edit

and are you going to turn up in every topic to tell me I'm dumb?
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      kyle, you wouldnt happen to live in newcastle australia would you? because an aussie holdem guy here was talking to me about internet poker a little while ago. just wondering if you were the same guy.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Semesa
      kyle, you wouldnt happen to live in newcastle australia would you? because an aussie holdem guy here was talking to me about internet poker a little while ago. just wondering if you were the same guy.
      Hahaha.
      Yeah I live in Newcastle/Aus.
      I can't really remember talking to you about internet poker but.
      Refresh my memory?
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      Originally posted by Semesa
      Hahaha.
      Yeah I live in Newcastle/Aus.
      I can't really remember talking to you about internet poker but.
      Refresh my memory?
      not 100% sure but i think it was a monday night at edgeworth... i only went to edgy twice, busted out in the first 3 hands both times, AA vs K5 and AA vs QT if i remember correctly.
      are you going to apl regionals on saturday? if so ill see you there!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      haha, i havent played a money night in ages, but yeah i'll be there if i'm better. I'm really sick at the moment.
      I need some more practise with big stacked and relaxed blinds before TOC.
      But i'll defiently try make it there.
      Whats your name?
      Have you got msn?
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      And in regards to my last reply.
      Sorry I havent been able to post anything in my blog.
      I'm really sick.
      Going to the docters soon.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      So my first day for the month of august (2nd of August) was pretty darn good if I do say myself.
      +$8.26.
      Current Bankroll: $60.42

What other stats should I try posting?
      What would everyone like to see, especially the coach's?
    • Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      heya, msn is semesa90@hotmail.com

as for other stats: 1st/2nd/3rd % would be good... VP$IP PFR etc etc are useless because SnG game changes as people start getting taken out, also, your play style depends on your chips.

as my msn(and username) implies, my name is semesa...
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I have given up on my SnG game for Mansion because the only limits I can comfortably play with my bankroll only pay top 2.

Once i build a big enough bankroll to play the $5 SnG's then I will start posting things about that, but for now its only SSS for me on mansion. (unless I state otherwise, I might join some $1 MTT or something.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      just wondering if everyone can see my pictures?
      having abit of trouble with photobucket.
    • MackieeE
      MackieeE
      Bronze
      No one can see those pictures from Photobucket, choose another image hoster or get some webspace :P

Well done on the $8.26 increase. That graph does look healthy :)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      OK, Sorry about me messing up my Graph and stats.
      But i just uploaded new ones.

And this graph is my 3rd of August Graph.
      I started off really well, thought it was going to be a huge day but only ended up being a measly $2.79 ahead.

Does anyone set a limit as to what they wish to win and if they surpass that limit do they stop, OR do you just keep going?
      Curious as to whether people would set these limits so if they start going down they can stop straight away and still be up for the day?

Again, if anyone wants to see anything else from Pokertracker from me I'll be more than happy to post it.

So to sum up.
      I'm sitting on a bankroll of $67.14.
      And the stats and Graph will tell you the rest.
      Have good day.