[NL20-NL50] 25shz QQ CO

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $17.18 (68.7 bb)
      SB: $72.63 (290.5 bb)
      BB: $38.19 (152.8 bb)
      UTG: $43.17 (172.7 bb)
      MP: $42.92 (171.7 bb)
      Hero (CO): $42.60 (170.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q Q
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BTN folds, SB raises to $2.25, BB folds, Hero calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.75) 8 6 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.42, Hero calls $2.42

Turn: ($9.59) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($9.59) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB calls $4

Results:
      $17.59 pot ($0.96 rake)
      Final Board: 8 6 4 A 7
      SB showed J A and won $16.63 ($7.96 net)
      Hero showed Q Q and lost (-$8.67 net)

Flop CBet: 50
      Turn CBet: 76

Would have stacked off PF if we were with 100BB but we were deeper, so I decided to flat and play IP.
      IMO standard call on Flop.
      On turn, given his big turn CBet stat, I thought he was silly not to barrel on the A, so I thought he had the A (or was really empty), so I checked behind.
      On river though he checks again, and I thought an A would have bet at least at this point, so I bet, but guess what

• 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey AtrociousNightmare,

Given villains stats this is an easy call preflop.

I wouldn't 4bet though. His Ft4bet is 100 out of 4 so far. His 5betting range could easily have your QQ in bad shape.

On the flop you have to call at least one.

On the turn he doesn't necessarily barrel an Ax. This is because if he's 3betting light preflop he can have hands like A9s which don't feel comfortable betting purely for value on an A turn.

Given how the board runs out, with possible Ace, 4-to-straight, and possible flush, I don't think you have value. I'd just check back the river.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey AtrociousNightmare,

Given villains stats this is an easy call preflop.

I wouldn't 4bet though. His Ft4bet is 100 out of 4 so far. His 5betting range could easily have your QQ in bad shape.

On the flop you have to call at least one.

On the turn he doesn't necessarily barrel an Ax. This is because if he's 3betting light preflop he can have hands like A9s which don't feel comfortable betting purely for value on an A turn.

Given how the board runs out, with possible Ace, 4-to-straight, and possible flush, I don't think you have value. I'd just check back the river.
      Just a note.
      I know xe wouldn't barrel an A here, most of the times if xe barrels here xe has a bluff, given xyr various CBet stats.
      Hence why I said "so I thought he had the A (or was really empty)".

Thx for the river hint!
      I'm trying to fix my rivers as I do have problems with those, but recently I've been getting a lot more value from them, and that's sweeeeeet.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      Hence why I said "so I thought he had the A (or was really empty)".
      Yup, so I guess that's why it doesn't make sense to bet river, because he's not calling with his air. You might even be able to call river if you felt he was full of it, but you can't really bet.