BB: $4 (100 bb)
      UTG: $3.37 (84.3 bb)
      MP: $5.83 (145.8 bb)
      CO: $4.84 (121 bb)
      BTN: $4 (100 bb)

not much reads

Preflop: Hero is BB with A :club: Q:club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.16, 2 folds, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.34) 7:diamond: 8:club: 7:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $0.24, BB raises to $0.64, CO calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.62) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, CO checks

River: ($1.62) K:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.80, CO raises to $3.44, BB folds

preflop : i dint want to 3bet cause i dont know if he calls loose so call with AQs

flop : ch/raise with nut FD in that flop OOP ok ?

turn: not a good card to barrel but what cards are good to barrel ? A Q and the clubs ? or we can bet on overcards K J ?

river : i hit my flus but when he raise on this paired board i dont think i beat much he can only has a j high flus or lower and i dont know if he ships that so i fold .
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I suppose you are read-less here so flatting vs CO is fine, but I would 3bet AQs vs BU opens by default.

Flop: If you are not willing to check/raise the Flop and 3barrel your entire stack in, don't check/raise such a strong hand. I think Ace high is the best hand here a lot of the time, and we can expect our opponent to bluff the Turn on an Ace and Queen really often. Also, he may just 2nd barrel with his own draws and Ace high is actually ahead of those hands so we can play passively and bluff catch.

Turn: I agree with checking this Turn though, we just rep really narrow here.

River: I don't mind betting the River actually for thin value vs overpairs and worse flushes. I just wonder how often he is actually checking back the Turn with 8X/7X. Maybe a check/call could make more sense too, we could bluff catch vs some T9s or 56s type of hands. Maybe he also valuebets thinly with a flush when we check to him.

Both options seem acceptable to me. I'm not sure which is better without any reads on the opponent.

Thanks.