Killing donkeys, 6Max swingers. uNL and beyond!

• xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Hi

Updated my blogname. Its provocative and should get the attention the attention whore needs...As much as I wanted to play for Champions stand up... challenge I cannot fully follow it. As I would have to leave my family behind. I will follow Gordon's guidelines as much as possible with my own abilities and littlebit milder irl decisions and see how it goes. My main goal is to seek and destroy asses (donkeys) from nanostakes SH and onwards. I play more of a laggy style of poker on cashtables and I also play some 6Max SNGs so I am a swinger....in poker...
      More about goals below.

Who am I
      I am part of the finnish community. Age 33y Married with beautiful wife and 3 kids. I started poker 2010 and been BE since. My biggest accomplishment was from NL10-NL50 on everleaf last year (apart from some good gaming on Fulltilt when the american fish were on the pool). But long story short did quit poker last June.

Poker now
      Restarted Poker this year playing SNGs but on the side kept playing cashgames while learning SNGs. Started playing NL5 Speed and well suddenly I find myself doing great at it. And the better I do the more I wanna play the darkside they call cash.

Goals
      I run a project diary on Finnish forum 250k hands 2013 with a profit. (Low volume is due to me still wanting to study the SNGs but this might increase when this challenge kicks in). So in order to be the winner I can be I am making the 3month (90days) Challenge by Raskolnikov. I am looking to be playing in NL50Speed when the summer starts. So NL50Speed by June (roughly 90 days)

Where am I now
      Started with $100 now sitting on $211 (Almost $260 with Rakeback coming in) So Am now playing NL10 speed on 2 tables. and when I get the RB will takie it up to 3 tables. I find 3 tables a very good amount. I get around the same amount of hands/h (1k) as by something like 10 tabling SH on regular tables. But as I am adjusting to NL10 from NL5 2 tables is fine.

Will most likely add more in here as I get home.

Here is my progress through NL5 and last 1.2k hands are from NL10

• 41 replies
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Goals february
      Yea yea february is almost done but will post my goals i had..I started playing NL5 speed on 12th and my main goal was to play on avg between 700-1,5k hands a day and see how i will do in cash after a 7months break.

I didnt puut much time into study since I felt I should do well on the fishpond.

Starting BR:$100
      NL10
      Took me 12days of grinding to 11k hands to crush NL5 with 9bb/100 IIRC (will edit this when I get home and confirm this from HM2). I entered NL10 with 20bi BR and 3,5bi coming in early march. I decided to take the agressive approach due the comfort by RB. So after my swingy start I sit on a 21bi and now almost 5bi RB so I can keep my mind calm with the comfort of 26bi.

March
      General concensus is that wr drops to around 50-75% on bb/100 so instead of 2 weeks NL10 will take around 1month to beat unless faced with evil doomswitch. The RB should keep me afloat if I hit rough waters so I am very confident on this. i have beaten this level few times before so it shouldnt be too hard.

I will concentrate on playing only when feeling good. Will look into eating and sleeping patterns. Will excersice more just so I am in a good mood and ready kill em all every time I sit on the tables. A-game with volume is what i an going for. RB is there to secure my ass and keep me in good fighting spirit. I shall crush..crush them all :)

I will post hands to evaluations on both communities. Will study more maths and most importantly study my sessions to put all my enemies on ranges. With ranges enlightement shall come.

If all goes as planned I should be ready for NL20 before april. This will leave me 2 months to swing about towards NL50 again calcing the 50-75% drop on bb/100

I will post daily monthly and overall graphs during this process.

What then....
      As i should be at NL50 on June I shall start a new challenge. Another 90 days and I will be looking to make it to NL100. After that another 90 days and I should be grinding NL100 towards NL200 but I doubt I have enough time for that in 2013.

RB is my friend and I will shamelessly use it to my advantage to get out of the uNL games. After uNL it will be my friend and comfort but I will look into moving up with actual winnings. As it is there is no sense in sticking around the micros a hand longer than possible.

Here we go...did a nice 3km XCSkiing run on the trails nearby. Now spending time at kids hobby and after I get home I will watch raskolnikovs Video 2 and take notes and get into the grind.
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Tonight was kinda tired and thedeck was frozen. Kept the sez short just in order to get some sleep in.

Today

Here we are now

Have to look for some 3brt calling videos for tomorrow..I think I have a leak in calling too wide looking to setmine etc. Have to run some stats on HM2 too. on NL5 I was 3BI positive on calling 3bets OOP the more agressive line the villains take in here is making me fold too oftem methinks..but I dont have many stats on the villains yet as I am still under 2k hands on the limit anyways.

Atleast the positive booking path is working. 1BI when calcing RB :D
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Note to self

When applying newly learned things into your game drop down a limit :D

Hit a nice 6BI DS on NL10. Went back to NL5 and again got my game together and went up 4BI on that..so...today will play NL5 to finish off the month and when the RB pops into the account its back to NL10
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Just a motivational after last nights rollercoast

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey xxInspectorxx,

welcome to the English community, goodluck with goals, we all hope you accomplish them

Regards,

Kyle.
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Thanks Kyle!

DS continued yesterday..just setups killing me nothing more random variance and fish calling 3bets with shit like 46o and flopping it against my TT going into the middle...meh...small break today stting up goals and going through the HHs for febryuary especially the NL10s...then going in with a new fighting morale and fully noted villains. The DS will be slwoing me a bit..but I´ll keep pushing harder and tighter. Should be ok :)

Even though I am not a big fan of andy Techno/Trance I always tend to listen to it whan playing NL Speed...kinda sets the pace and brain into a zone of fast clicking :D

Here is one of my favs.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      No sweat about getting it in good, thats what we want.
      watch some videos, post some hands to evaluate and move on. dont dwell on the past to much.

I'm a big believer in listening to music, keeps me focused anyway.
      More into dance/techno/EDM stuff.
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      MARCH...onwards and upwards!

Had a horrid run at the end of February but just received the RB and am now sitting at 23BI on NL10 so here we go again.

Man this NL10 seems to just kill me at any possible way. Again I got crushed by setmining fish who just do not put their small PPs into the muck against 3B and betting thru all streets but just fish onwards and rape me on river :D

Well on the other hand I was able to put one of the regs on Tilt and he was kind enough to return the money I lost to the fish and the short session ended on positive. Not a single interesting hand really just straight forward ABCLAG ;)

What I find interesting that when playing Speedpoker on 2 tables the otherone seems to get all the victories when the other keeps loosing it all :D on 3 tables same thing and the 3rd table is just swinging up and down. 4 tables its 50-50 again 2 loosing and 2 winning tables. As again I was at 100bb on other table and 420bb deep on the other :D

Will study more and continue crushing like a king :D

Yea Kyle liked that song. Especially when I grind the speed tables I need the so called "brainless" music that has a positive tone to it not many lyrics to follow /listen/derail concentration. Depending on my mood its techno type of music or classical or acoustic/no lyrics music. Just somethign to get me "in zone" and taking out all the outside poker stuff.

Something like this works well too

On a sidenote. Here is my STT graph for this month. Have been able to put in some volume there too

• xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      NL10 has a frozen deck and then nothing hits flop and those setmining fish...grrr..its been brutal so far this month...but onwards and upwards

Whole Speedpoker crushing project

• xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      SHORT TERM GOALS
      - Analyze and note 3Villains/day rest of the month.
      - 1video/day about NLcash SH
      - 24k Hands a month avg.
      - Do not look at graphs during gameplay

IRL GOALS
      - Sleep enough!
      - Eat healthy
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Hi all (kyle)

So anyways. Yesterday played a 93minutes session and got rough 1.4k hands in 4 tabling Speed NL5. I just wanted to get some volume in and practise more 3Bet ranges and puttin enemies on pressure. This worked well apart from few set over set stuff and straight loosing to boat etc.

GOALS ACHIEVED
      [x] Didn't look graphs during gameplay
      [x] Noted 3 villains I had most history with
      [x] Watched a video About 3betting
      [x] Got in plenty of volume

Hands goal 16.6% completed

This months graph. I did take break from cash last weekend so those stats are from Monday really.

• holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      What the hell is up with that rakeback lol?! Its like 10bb/100...

GL dude
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by holmeboy
      What the hell is up with that rakeback lol?! Its like 10bb/100...

GL dude
      Thanks!! Happy to have atleast 2 readers :D

55% (deal made when there were these offers around)
      ..everybody is talking about the good ol' days..

• nokifpp
      nokifpp
      Bronze
      Good luck :)
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Thanks.
      I did actually drop to NL5 even though am rolled for NL10 but as I do like to put in volume I don't like to do it on NL10 as of yet, as it is I have had bad runs on there every time I hopped in. Today I will grind another 4 tabling session on NL5 and see how it goes and then on weekend I get across lot more gungho players on NL10 drunken parading there.

I have run some checks on NL10 vs. NL5 and it seems I get a whole less good holecards there to begin with..but the sample is so small on NL10 yet to say anything. Just been hitting cold deck thats all. Its normal variance. Also NL5 has always around 360-400 players online compared to NL10 with around 150-180 on peak hours European time evenings. So lot less just for shits and giggles players on NL10.

Todays goals
      - Analyze and note 3 villains
      - Watch one video
      - Volume
      - Play those now 6 carefully ranged and noted villains accordingly. (I note the villains from the top of the volume played against)

Lets hope in the evening everyone feels the same

Also Nokifpp Nice blogs you have! Will be following those. My ultimate goal is equal to yours kinda but I don't have cashing out plan. I´ll just want to move onwards and upwards as fast as I can with BR management plans well done. No more drunken shite and HU4rollz stuff..and have cashed out enough many times..gawd knows where I would have be now..but IRL /wife and kids always goes ahead of poker. This is still a hobby /inb4iturnpro :D
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Grinded some more NL5 today 1.6k hands
      Good volume mediocre results. Starting a session with 300bb gorge is not fun ever. Just sucked it up and continued pushing hard LAAGGYstyle.

I spent a year studying and graduating HS in USA back in 1997.
      I always knew there issomething special about -97

Also Speedpoker is always about mad deep stack battles...

IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $1.05 (21 bb)
      UTG: $5.92 (118.4 bb)
      MP: $5.75 (115 bb)
      Hero (CO): $17.60 (352 bb)
      BTN: $8.16 (163.2 bb)
      SB: $4.53 (90.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9 7
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.25, BTN raises to $0.65, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.47) 9 7 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.85, Hero raises to $3.01, BTN raises to $7.51 and is all-in, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($16.49) 2 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($16.49) J (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $16.49 pot ($0.82 rake)
      Final Board: 9 7 3 2 J
      Hero mucked 9 7 and won $15.67 ($7.51 net)
      BTN showed Q A and lost (-$8.16 net)

IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $12.16 (243.2 bb)
      UTG: $5.91 (118.2 bb)
      MP: $4.95 (99 bb)
      CO: $5.16 (103.2 bb)
      BTN: $3.25 (65 bb)
      SB: $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 7
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30) 7 4 A (2 players)
      SB bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.20

Turn: ($1.10) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.82, SB calls $0.82

River: ($2.74) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.74, SB calls $2.74

Results:
      $8.22 pot ($0.41 rake)
      Final Board: 7 4 A 7 9
      Hero mucked 9 7 and won $7.81 ($3.70 net)
      SB showed J A and lost (-$4.11 net)

MOnthly graph

Daily goals achieved too!
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      To all women out there: Have a great international wimminz day! May the flops be with you!

Also yes I changed the blog name. Reasons in OP#1
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze

-150bb..should have stopped near 6k hands..but as i promisednot to look at graphs...meh..fish were haing a ball vs me today riverin the nutz over nutz...meh..well onwards and upwards...
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I'm still reading :)

I agree, that is some siik rakeback deal you got there