This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] K9 top pair, scary board.

• brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      7 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($11.20)
      UTG+1 ($1.80)
      MP ($9.49)
      CO ($11.38)
      BTN ($29.15)
      Hero ($10.68)
      BB ($11.19)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 7 players) Hero is SB 9:diamond: K:diamond:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, BB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.45

Flop: Q:diamond: K:club: T:heart: ($1.40, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80

Turn: 5:spade: ($3, 2 players)
      Hero bets $1.80, BB calls $1.80

River: 7:heart: ($6.60, 2 players)
      Hero bets $7.38, 1 fold

Final Pot: $13.65

Hero wins $13.65 ( won +$2.97 )
      BB lost -$3.30

His VP$IP was 13.43, PFR 7.46, AF 1.24, 420 hands.
      I put him on TT to QQ when he reraised my blind steal. I decided to call hoping to get a good flop. I also thought he may be just trying a steal raise (my image was very aggr).
      I fired out a bullet to see where I was at, his call surprised me. I looked through his hand history, and anytime he hit he bet/raised, otherwise it was a folded. So I put him on a draw. Combining my two reads I figured a JJ was the most likely hand.
      Then the turn was dead, so I fired another bullet hoping to scare him off. His call really surprised me here.
      So on the river I had two options. A) Push and create fold equity B) check/fold...
  • 2 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I'd raise it more PF.

I'd raise more on the flop too. (~$1.10)

Turn I'd check/call (don't see any worse hands that would call you except for a SD, but I don't want to play a big pot with TP no kicker) and reevaluate river.

As played I see no reason to push on the river, you're only going to get called by better hands.

You can't really put him on a so tight hand range because of his raise PF, it's clear that you may be trying to steal and your raise is so weak villain could be reraising you with a wide hand range.

If you really think he's on a draw, I think it may be OK to bet turn too, but it makes no sense at all to push river, you'd have to play check/call... in a big pot... with a marginal hand... that's why I'd rather check/call the turn and reevaluate the river (maybe a blockbet would be fine).
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      make it more preflop . 4 bb its a good a amount in sb vs bb battles .
      i dont like calling his reraise . i would fold or 4 bet preflop if i think he does it light . but folding is safer .
      as played i would like to check down the hand because his 3beting range preflop crushes us on this flop . i would check call flop and probably check fold turn if he fires again
      gl