UTG calls $0.50, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.25, 2 players) 9:diamond: T:heart: Q:heart:
      Hero bets $1.00, UTG calls $1.00

Turn: ($3.25, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero bets $2.50, UTG calls $2.50

River: ($8.25, 2 players) 7:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $5.88, Hero calls $5.88

Villain 27/0 (23hands) so no other info

I would normaly iso pre, but maybe timed out or something.
      Is river call ok? I think he can have some Qx which he sometimes decides to bet, he can bet Tx, some random hands, and some flushes+ sometimes.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I don't agree with iso-raising. This guy isn't too tight, and he did limp from UTG. I think you get limp/reraised here a fair amount of the time. Though if he was looser like 35/10 and he did limp in later positions I would probably consider iso-raising even when I'm OOP.

Flop: We have 2 options here. First is to pot (I don't agree with your smaller than pot size, in limped pots we just want to pot and go for max value with the nuts). Second option is to check/raise. I prefer check/raising if he is not that passive as we have the 2nd nuts and we want to go for maximum value and hopefully get to play for stacks.

Turn: Still potting, despite the bad pairing card.

River: Another bad card. But I dislike check/calling the most vs a passive opponent. He will just bet all better hands and check back most weaker hands. We should half pot here for value vs QX and TX and fold to a raise cos that's almost always a flush.

Thanks.