UTG: $17.35
      CO: $67.25
      BTN: $60.07

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has 7:club: 4:club:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.00, fold, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25, 2 players) K:spade: T:club: Q:heart:
      Hero bets $1.50

Villain 29/22 RFI BTN 50%, cbet 74%, Fold to 3bet 35%, 4bets a lot.

I thought he connects with this flop very badly so Its a decent spot to donk and give up when called.

Now I think its a bit to coordinated for this play.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Look at his postflop aggression stats. I did tell you to defend wider vs minraises in BB vs BU but this may be a little too marginal vs a 50% opener and especially if he's really aggro postflop. It depends though.

Flop: Don't like this donkbet. I don't know how often he cbets here on this exact texture but I just dislike making plays without equity. And in general I just wouldn't attack boards where I cannot rep too many nutted hands.

We may 3bet KQ and AJ some of the time preflop, same goes for all the sets. We do rep the weaker broadways fairly well though, but still I think he should be check/folding with his 22-88, A2s-A9s, 78s type of hands really often. We can just check/fold Flop and stab the Turn if he checks back on the Flop.

In general there isn't too much reason to have a donk betting range in headsup pots, especially not vs people who cbet the Flop with a 74% frequency

Thanks.