[NL20-NL50] QTo 3b pot

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      viain is 16/13 ft3b:79, steal LP:24, AF:3.1, 4b+ ratio: 0.51
      ftcb:48, fttbet: 1/5

turn is great, so i go for value from draws, 88-JJ...
      i dont think he ever has a set here

river is kinda tricky, i dont think he will pay off worse ever and i think he checks back 88,99,JJ always

although its pretty narrow, i think the most likely vilain's hand here is A:spade: Q:spade: /K:spade: Q:spade: /1 combo of TT i guess?
      he's a nit so i dont expect him to turn something like JJ here into a bluff...
      and my line he is pretty strong

even though my hand is kinda disguised and "unreadable" :D shove is imo pretty thin here, right....? especially vs his percieved likely range of flushes

iPoker NL20 FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players[/b]
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): $21.14
      UTG: $25.37
      MP: $18.20
      CO: $6.20
      BTN: $20.24
      SB: $20.00

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.30) Hero has Q:diamond: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.40, fold, Hero raises to $1.40, BTN calls $1.00

Flop: ($2.90, 2 players) 7:club: 5:spade: 6:spade:
      Hero bets $2.10, BTN calls $2.10

Turn: ($7.10, 2 players) Q:heart:
      Hero bets $4.40, BTN calls $4.40

River: ($15.90, 2 players) T:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $12.34, fold

BTN wins $15.11
  • 4 replies
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      preflop - what is he opening from BUT? probably super tight and this is just below callling range. If so, than I guess it's fine to 3bet.

Because he calls the 3bet. I'd be done with the hand here. His range crushes you and you have no bugger all equity. So I'd check/fold the flop. He is not folding anything and there is a fair chance he isn't going to bet any non made hand either.

As played, I'd bet the turn, then bet the river. After you check the river and he bets. I'd jam. You block both his QQ and TT, so he most likely has TP/top or good kicker or even mid/overpair that might find a crying call. No way in the world I could ever fold here.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jules97
      preflop - what is he opening from BUT? probably super tight and this is just below callling range. If so, than I guess it's fine to 3bet.

Because he calls the 3bet. I'd be done with the hand here. His range crushes you and you have no bugger all equity. So I'd check/fold the flop. He is not folding anything and there is a fair chance he isn't going to bet any non made hand either.

As played, I'd bet the turn, then bet the river. After you check the river and he bets. I'd jam. You block both his QQ and TT, so he most likely has TP/top or good kicker or even mid/overpair that might find a crying call. No way in the world I could ever fold here.
      he jammed the river himself....

but do you realy think some ultra nit is going to jam anything worse than QQ here? even some slowplayed KK? or if, by some miracle he flatted the flop with AQ is he really jamming it here?
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      Yep, I think he'd jam AQ and KQ for value and spaz out with stuff like JJ, 99, AK and some other stuff maybe even KK, AA. I think a lot of these nitty guys will kind of go nuts once they find a hand they like. Especially if you show some weakness.

And his nutz range here is sooo thin.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Don't like the 3b here. We are getting really good odds to call here and QTo is decent vs a BU range.

As played, I think you misplayed this hand to a very great extent

Flop: Check/fold this Flop. He is not folding much, never folding pocketpairs. Not too sure if he even folds overs, he probably does but we can't be too sure. He never folds flush draws for sure.

Turn: Ok I think this value bet on the Turn is fine, I would c/c most blank River runouts.

River: I would check/fold with a hand like Q9 or QJ, but now we have 2 pairs. We beat some AQ KQ floats and I just think that c/c is our worst option here. He just checks back all his pocket pairs and bets with all better hands.

Check/call is only justified if you still think he can turn worse made hands into bluffs or if he has some other type of busted draw. I don't think that's happening here too often.

Thanks.