[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH - TT vs aggrofish on monoboard IP

• Katrisone
      Katrisone
      Coach
      Coach
      IPoker No-Limit Hold'em, €0.20 BB (6 handed) - IPoker Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP (€54.77)
      CO (€7)
      Button (€20.40)
      SB (€20)
      BB (€18.90) 210 hands: 51/29, 3b: 17,3 (on the BB 25% from 27 hands), fto 4bet: 67, cbet in 3bpot: 71, WTSD:28
      Hero (UTG) (€21.43)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 10, 10
      Hero bets €0.70, 4 folds, BB raises €2,00, Hero calls €1.30

Flop: (€4.10) 2, 5, 8 (2 players)
      BB bets €1.80, Hero raises €4.80, 1 fold

Total pot: €7.70

Results below:

Hero had 10, 10.
      Outcome: Hero won €10.32

Preflop I think call IP is good against his weakish range. OTF I think his sizing is rather weaker hand or some A :spade: X hand so I raised for value/protection. If he shove, is it ok to call or is it b/f? Sizing of the raise should be mby higher?

Thx for comments:)
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I won't 4bet TT given starting positions, and due to the fact that he folds pretty often to 4bets.

Flop: Don't like the raise here. Our hand is clearly not strong enough to turn into a bluff, and I am not comfortable with raising here for value cos I don't think there is any value in a raise. Vs most of his shoving range, we are going to be up against stuff like AsX or KsX and those hands have a lot of equity vs us. Add in some overpairs and flushes and we are crushed by his get-it-in range.

Thanks.
    • Katrisone
      Katrisone
      Coach
      Coach
      Ok, but may I ask, what do you think he is betting so small with and what is your plan then? I think due to his small sizing we are most of the time better, but there are so many scare cards for us we want to see OTT...for this reason I wasnt comfortable to just call and I didnt want to give him good price to some A :spade: X hands...

Thx:)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Just hope to dodge all the bad cards and you can call blank Turns again. We can just snap fold on a spade, and on an off-suit A/K/Q we can still call again anyway.

I rather protect my stack when my hand isn't too good, rather than protect my weak hand.