NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($46.64)
      BB ($9.11)
      UTG ($32.62)
      UTG+1 ($14.79)
      Hero ($22.94)
      BTN ($20)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: T:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, SB raises to $1.80, fold, Hero calls $1.30

FLOP ($3.80) 2:club: J:spade: Q:heart:

SB bets $2.11, Hero folds

SB wins $3.61

Notes:
      resteal to 9bb, 5bet 100bb w J2s
      deos not cbet A9x w T9 2nd pair vs fish
      cbet 2/3 Qxxfd w AK OOP, c/c 1/2 blank turn - BLUFFCATCHES FLOATS LOOOSE

IN game his resteal in BB stat was about 16, and I thought its easy call but in SB it was much smaller when I later noticed. As now stats show - he is also restealing quite a bit from SB as well.
      The thing is vs top 10% range I have 40% equity and I see in HEM I get 34% pot odds.

ALso he can be 3beting not the top of his range, but random suited hands like J2s which I beat and I get better equity.

I can dominate worse Tx, and need to be carefull when I hit ace.

ALso he is bluffing on flop and slowing down on turn, so its easier to play as well.

So what do you think about the call preflop?

This flop hits his range very well, so I fold.
  • 5 replies
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think it's OK, but I would consider just 4betting pre. The real problem is that ATo just doesn't flop that well, and when we hit our ace we are often not really going to get paid. On the other hand we do have blockers with the Ace and ten. So it's definitely a top candidate for 4betting, whereas flatting somewhat awkward. So I don't think it's a big misstake to flat pre vs this kind of guy, but I do think that 4betting pre will be better and easier in order to fight back.

As played I guess we call once, since we have an overcard and a gutshot. This should be one of the better speculative hands we have on this board. Not a huge misstake to fold tho obv.

ifs
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I would like to 4bet, but not vs guy who shoves with J2s :) I was just going to 4bet hands which I call, so I guess AQ could be 4bet/call.
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      well just because you've seen him 5bet as a bluff once doesn't mean he does it every time :) And we're also slightly deeper here, and people tend to clamp up a lot when it comes to 5betting all in once we're deeper than 100bbs.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      could be that but, he might be tilting, because he lost with that J2s his all stack, so from tilitn player I expectg more spews.

I mean the same session it was when he shoverd J2s
    • imfromsweden007
      imfromsweden007
      Bronze
      Or it might be the other way around, he just 5bet shoved all in with J2s and everyone saw it. Therefore he now clamps up and is unlikely to do a huge 5bet all-in bluff again, partly because last one didnt work out and it's time to play solid but also because everyone saw it and is therefore expected to 4bet more for value instead. So it's absolutely not as easy as to say that "he shoved J2s light before = he's likely gonna do it again if I 4bet".